Is It Normal to Experience Pain, 3rd Day of Recovery Onwards, After Rhinoplasty Procedure?

The main goal that the surgeon and I had was to remove the hump and lift up the tip to make it proportionate. The first 2 days after the surgery I had not experienced any pain but was more so sleepy from the pain medication. However, on the night of the 2nd day my mother was adjusting the pillow and accidentally hit the cast on the right side. Since then, I've been experiencing pain. It is not constant, before it was in one area (left), now it is all over and it's the 5th day and I still feel pain.

Pain after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not common to have a lot of pain with rhinoplasty, especially if you did not have any pain in the first two days. Most likely there is no harm done after your nose was bumped. However, there is always a small possibility of either an infection causing pain or a hematoma (collection of blood under the skin). You need to be seen by your doctor soon to ensure there is no infection or hematoma. Regards, Dr. J Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon