Is It Normal Not To Experience Fraxel Side Effects?

I had my first fraxel Re:store yesterday. Everything went well. Howevr, today, my face looks like it healed! I dont see any expcteed side effect (eg. redness) as what was descrbed by my doctor and what was experiencd by other people. The energy used is 12, density is 125 and 4 to 6 passes (I am not sure). I am Asian. Now, the good thing is, the redness in the scar is almost gone and the depression is lifted 20% probably due to the swelling But I dont think I hv swelling. IS THS NORMAL?

Side effects from Fraxel Re:Store may be minimal

+1

You were treated with rather conservative settings, so it is not too surprising that you are have minimal swelling or redness. Some of that also depends on how large an area was treated - such as whole face vs just the scar.I would also guess that the swelling in the scar is hiding the redness of the scar as it would be unusual for one tratment ot eliminate redness.Everything sounds normal, so don't worry.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

#Fraxel recovery

+1

its normal to not have any adverse effects from Fraxel. but make sure that it was the "real" Fraxel laser treatment that you got. as there are many many lasers sold by the name "Fraxel" but they are not the real machines. rather a cheaper version of it. which if used will have very little downtime but also the effects arent as obvious.

Misbah Khan, MD