Is This Normal, to Have a 'Dent', 'Shadow' on Side of Nose After a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I just had a rhinoplasty last Saturday and today the splint has come off. While I am pleased that my bridge has been straightened out, I have mixed feelings for the tip reduction result. On the right side of my nose, just above the nostril area, there is a 'dent', or as if it has been pressed in... Is this normal and part of the swelling? How long will it take to even out?

Too early for concern

+2

It will take months for the swelling around your nose to resolve. Be patient. The dent should improve with time. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Dent after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for this question. An early dent may easily be part of the swelling process. Ask your rhinoplasty surgeon about this. If there was a piercing or trauma, swelling may be different. Be patient and good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty healing period

+1

Dear cloudstrife898,

1. It is still very early and your nose will continue to swell asymmetrically
  2. Give it some time to see how it heals before worrying too much about the outcome
  3. Enjoy your new nose

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Dent on side of nose

+1

A dent on the side of your nose can be related to swelling, and it is too early to tell at this point.  Give it time to heal.