Is this normal 5 days post-op labiaplasty or is this a botched labiaplasty? (photo)

I have a wide semi-flat surface where my clitoris should be? I had a hood reduction but now I can't seem to find my clitoris? I'm missing the right side of my labia? I just see stitches on the right side of where my labia should be. Could my labia be missing because of swelling? And just shrunk for now and after swelling will be visible? I look completely deformed and I know it's only 5 days and healing takes time BUT I can't seem to find my labia or clitoris. Do I look normal while healing?

Post-op appearance after labiaplasty

+1
These are always difficult quires to answer without a direct physical exam and so soon after surgery.  I would keep your regularly scheduled visit(s) with your operating surgeon and be sure to ask him/her as time progresses.  Should you still feel dissatisfied with the result and uncomfortable with your surgeon's answer after another 6 - 8 weeks then I would suggest seeking a second opinion from another board certified surgeon specialist in labiaplasty surgery.  Glad to help. 

Post-op swelling will distort at this point

+1

and you must be patient and allow yourself to heal.  If it goes as planned, you should have the result you desire.  And if it doesn't, your surgeon should be willing to help you achieve what you want through revisions.  Know your surgeon's revision policy and and if your surgeon isn't helpful, that is what social media sites are for where you can state the facts about your care and results from your standpoint. 

Curtis Wong, MD