Is This Normal or What Should I Do to Correct It?

I had liposuction done in the abdominal area 6 weeks ago in my country . Three days after I arrived I started to feel Hard lumps, Could you please let me know if this is normal or what can be done to correct it.

+1

It is probably too early to tell about the final result.  Swelling and healing as well as scar maturation can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.    You need an exam to rule out anything else.

Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                           Los Angeles, CA

Hard lumps after liposuction

+1

Lumps and bumps are common after liposuction surgery for the first 6-12 weeks.  If it persists beyond that, see a plastic surgeon in your area.  In our practice, we have found massage therapy very helpful in diminishing the hardness.

Paul M. Parker, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Hard lumps after liposuction

+1

Hard lumps after liposuction could represent fat necrosis, or fluid. Often this settles out.  If concerned, best to see your surgeon.

Palpable hard lumps after liposuction all possible at six weeks.

+1

Usually any lumpiness six weeks after liposuction will be fairly small. It will take a number of months for these to completely resolve.

Lumps after liposuction

+1

It is impossible to comment on the quality of plastic surgery in your homeland.  Sometimes, when the initial swelling recedes, you become more aware of lumps which will eventually recede as well but without an exam, it would only be a guess.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Lumps after Liposuction

+1

One of the downsides of having procedures done in another country is that you don't have access to your physician for easy follow up.

As a physician, one can not give medical advice online, particularly without seeing and examining a patient.

My recommendation is that you see a Board Certified plastic surgeon in consultation to help you address your concerns.

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD