Is It Normal to Have a Clear Tissue Appearing Above the Lower Lid 4 Weeks After Blepharoplasty Upper and Lower Lids?

I have had more swelling and bruising on the right side, but the bottom lid seemed as though it wasn't as close to the eyeball as the left side. Then 4 days ago I awoke to a protruding clear thick mucus like tissue sticking above the outside corner of lower eyelid. As the day progresses it seems to settle down only to return the next morning. Is this a common side effect of trauma to the eye or something I should be worried about. I have contacted my PS and he says its going to calm down. Advice Please!

Post Blepharoplasty Tissue

+1

Thank you for your question. Your conjunctiva may be inflamed and this may be what you are seeing. The eyes do heal quickly, and you just need to stay calm and relaxed, avoiding strenuous activities. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

What you describing is called chemists.

+1

You plastic surgeon lacks the equipment, training, and experience to evaluate and treat chmosis.  Chemosis is swelling of the conjunctiva.  It can persist for a long time after eyelid surgery.  It is related to dryness.  It is treated with aggressive dry eye treatment.  This is best managed by a cornea specialist or oculoplastic surgeon.