Is It Normal to Having Bruising on the Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I understand that bruising around the eyes is normal after rhinoplasty, but i had bruising on my tip and i havent heard of anyone having that. It is my 3rd rhinoplasty and it was my only open rhino, is this normal?

Bruising after rhinoplasty

+2

You are correct in that the most common site of bruising after a rhinoplasty would be under the eyes.  Although it would not be common to get bruising on the tip, it certainly is possible, especially after an open rhinoplasty.  I'm not sure how long ago you had your surgery, but the bruising should start to improve within a week.  If you have any concerns, I would contact your surgeon to discuss them.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Bruising

+1

It is unusual to have bruising of the actual tip region as you pointed out. However, this does not necessarily imply anything is wrong. Contact your rhinoplasty surgeon and communicate your concerns.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising on Tip after Open Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Although this may be bruising and of little import, I would recommend seeing your surgeon or posting pictures.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA