Is It Normal to Have Brown Crusted 4hrs After Fraxel Laser?

I just did my first laser treatment with fraxel eribum for acne scars on my cheeks and my skin was only red for 2hrs then it looked brown all the laser area. My pores look enlarged is this normal.

It is rare to have this results after Fraxel treatment but could be seen after a Medlite laser treatment.

Post Fraxel Response

There are several different types of Fraxel lasers, all of which leave a different response after treatment. The response also varies based on the skin color of each patient as well as the condition being treated. With that said, it is difficult to address your questions without more details, however, temporary browness or flaking can be seen in many scenarios.

Roy G. Geronemus, MD

Brown Crusting 4 Hours After Fraxel Restore

Hi Hisgirl,   It is always best to contact your treating physician for answers to questions about a recent treatment.  It is normal for the skin to bronze after Fraxel restore (erbium) laser treatment, but the skin usually remains red for 24 to 36 hours..  Good luck and be well.  Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon