Is It Normal Not to Breathe Well 30 Days After Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction?

I am still having trouble breathing, after 4 weeks. Now I can hear myself breathing, like a "ssss". I had no problems during the recovery, mild pain, not so much bleeding. I took out the splints on day 7, and after that I thought everything would be better, but now I am thinking that I was not so smart to do it...

+1

Have you followed up with your surgeon?  I would say in general, the majority of my patients are able to breathe better by about 2 weeks.  I do not use splints, however, so I think the swelling of the turbinates might last a bit longer in my patients.  You should have your surgeon make sure you do not have a scar band, crust,  or other obstruction that would be easy to correct in the clinic. 

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Persistent nasal obstruction after nose job

+1

It is difficult to say without an evaluation. There could be scar tissue ro clots or protein that is the explanation for the persistent blockage.