Normal Breast Reduction or Liposuction Resulting in Reduction?

I am currently a 32 D/DD and looking to be a 32 B. I am 21, about 115 lbs, healthy, and active. I am scheduled for a breast reduction, but after considering recovery time and scaring I am wondering if liposuction would give me a better result. My breasts are not perky by any means but I am more concerned with size at this point. I am concerned that since my PS did not suggest liposuction as an option that I may not be a good candidate.

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1

At your age, breast tissue is very dense. With your weight, I doubt you have much fat in your breast. Liposuction removes fat, but not the fibrous breast tissue that responds to hormones. Breast reduction is most likely your best procedure to reduce you to a B cup. Also, taking the breast from a DD to B will leave lots of loose skin. Your breasts would probably then be very saggy and look worse without the reduction.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1

At 21 years old, your breasts are going to be quite fibrous and it would be unlikely that you would be able to get down to a B cup.  It is much more effective and attractive (even with the scarring) to do a breast reduction.  Make sure that you ask your surgeon about limited incision surgery.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Breast reduction using liposuction

+1

HI,

It very difficult to get a good result using liposuction for breast reduction. A person of your age and weight will most likely have dense glandular breasts. Glandular tissue can not be removed via liposuction, only fatty tissue, and your breasts probably do not have enough fatty tissue in the subcutaneous space to get you to a B cup. I recommend the traditional approach from an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

All my best,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction using only liposuction is good for just a few women.

+1

Hi.

Based on what you say, you don't seem like a good candidate.  You are young and thin, which means that there is probably more glandular tissue than fat in your breasts.  So liposuction would not make you small enough. One cup size down at most.  And most of sagging remains.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Reduction with Liposuction Surgery?

+1

In my opinion, there are very few patients who  good candidates for breast reduction surgery performed with liposuction technology only. Most patients who would benefit from breast reduction surgery also have ptotic breasts ("sagging") and reduced skin elasticity, both of which do not lend themselves to aesthetically pleasing results with liposuction surgery only.

Be careful with your decision-making;  make sure you have the best operation performed for you, and avoid increasing the risk that additional surgery will become necessary.

Best wishes;  keep in mind that breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Liposuction for breast reduction

+1
For a reduction of the proposed magnitude, lipo would not produce aesthetically pleasing breasts. It is also never covered by insurance. While the scarring and recovery time need to be taken into account, these are part of the equation for surgically appropriate breast reduction.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast reduction with liposuction/ conventional technic

+1

Reduction mammoplasty with liposuction or liposelection, using ultrasonic, is not new. However because is a highly technic dependant operation and require expertise it is not performed as frequently as it should, nor should it be done by plastic surgeons with minimal experienc. Not every one is a candidate, it is done selectively for youg and middle age persons who do not have significant stetched out skin or " hanging breasts" and braest skin should, reasonably, be retractable. The major advantage is not to put large scars and having a very rappid painless recovery. Surgery usually takes an hour and my patients return to their none labor intensive jobs within 48hours after the surgery. You may be an acceptable candidate for this type of surgery. We have pre and post op pictures of some of my patient posted in our web site.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs breast reduction surgery

+1

Liposuction can be performed for some women if they just want to decrease volume and they have a fatty breast. It will not provide any significant lift and will not work well in breasts that are primarily glandular.