Is It Normal to Still Have Breast Pain in Both Breasts a Year After Explantation?

Some days are worse. I had submuscular implants. Is this common? I am 46 years old and wonder if it will get worse with age when hormones lessen.

Breast pain after implant removal

+2

Breast pain one year after removal of implant is a bit unsual, and could represent scar tissue that has not softened.  Follow with your doctor.

Breast implant removal

+2

That really depends on the cause of implant removal.  Typiclaly it is unusual to have pain 1 year after. However if you had capsular contracture with pain, then you may continue to experience pain if the capsule was not removed.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast pain one year after implant removal seems unusual and should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.

+1

Breast pain one year after implant removal seems unusual and should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.