Is It Normal if Right Breast is Not As Round As Left 5 Weeks Post-Breast Augmentation?

Pre surgery i was small 36 B.I'm 5'9 and 145lbs. Surgery Nov 8th.500cc.silcone gel.high profile.sub muscular placement. I am very happy with the size and they seem to be healing fine.good movement.Hardly any pain.My concern is my right breast seems to have a more cone like appearance.The profile of the breast seems more straight then round.Its more noticeable when i raise my arms.My doctor said my right implant needs to drop.I've looked at photos and think i may be getting a double bubble.

Healing at 5 weeks?

+1

A natural asymmetry of breast is natural. In addition you re early in the healing period to make any final determinations. You trusted your PS enough to allow him/her to operate on you, now trust him/her to take care of you and address your concerns.

Different shape in one breast

+1

if the shape was similar postop and has progressively changed with the need to "drop" consider capsular contracture as a possibility. your doctor should be able to tell. there are some protocols, non-invasive to treat shape and height of implant. check out a place called Aspen rehab its in FLA. I have no interest but have used them to "equalize implants". good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Each breast is always a bit different.  So it is no surprise that one is more conical and one ie more round than the other.

Final results post breast surgery

+1

Address your issues and concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss any possible options for you to correct the look of your breasts. However, it is normal at this point in time of your recovery to experience some assymetry. You must give your implants time to settle. Although it is one surgery, the two breasts will settle and heal at different times. I suggest waiting for the final results of surgery before  proceeding with revisionary surgery. It could take up to 6-8 months before the breasts settle into the shape and size they are going to be. Follow all the post-op instructions of your surgeon to ensure the best results possible. I suggest massaging the breasts as much as possible to help them soften and settle as well as preventing encapsulation. Otherwise, consult your surgeon for additional questions or concerns. Good luck and take care.

Breast Implant Assymmetry

+1

In order to assess your postoperative result, it would be helpful to compare your preop and postop asymmetries.   Not all breast asymmetries can be corrected by breast augmentation,    Therefore, the shape discrepancy may be due to a pre-existing breast asymmetry that might not improve.   

I would recommend giving 6 months to heal from your initial surgery.   At this point, an informed discussion with your plastic surgeon will help determine if revision surgery is indicated or will be beneficial.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Normal if right breast is not as round as left after breast augmentation?

+1

Five weeks after surgery there is still a lot of muscle contraction in the pectoral muscles. This is especially true on your dominant side which is usually the right in right-handed people. It can take six months or more for this to settle. Doing more postoperative massage sometimes helps. Occasionally a breast band which is a Velcro elastic wrap that you put around your chest above the implant, seems to help. As a last resort a secondary surgery may be needed to further release the muscle and open the pocket.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

One breast not as round as other

+1

Even after implants the breast shape will be similar to the shape of your breast before your surgery.  However, it may round up more as the tissue settles.

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

it is quite possible that you may need a revision.  i see these types of referral often.  sometime the tissue on the sides of the breast are not released equally, or not at all.  you should wait another few weeks (1 or 2 months) and if it doesn't self correct, then seek a consult with your plastic surgeon.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Breast Implants don't really drop.

+1

Hi.

I am in the minority on this, but in my long experience, implants don't drop.  The breasts should look great right after surgery.

Don't do anything for six months, but I am afraid you may need a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Pre-existing breast asymmetry is the most common cause of post-operative breast asymmetry.

+1

A large implant in a naturally small breast may give the appearance of double bubble. Pre-existing breast asymmetry is the most common cause of post-operative breast asymmetry. You should wait at least 6-9 months to assess the results of the surgery prior to contemplating surgery unless otherwise advised by the surgeon.