Is It Normal to Breaking out 2 Days Post Fractional CO2?

Is this part of the healing process, impurities coming to the surface or a reation to the perscribed ointment? I have NEVER had any sort of acne and I am nervous that this could ruin the healing process/long term goal. Thanks.

Fraxel Repair or other fractional CO2

+1

Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing does induce whiteheads in many people. There is a need to use thick moisturizers after treatment which may potentiate the development of these pimples but the procedure itself, probably by inducing swelling around the pores and stimulation of epdermal cell turnover, induces more whiteheads. It is quite normal but check with your laser doctor as to the best recommended treatment.