Is it normal to have bloody drainage 5 days after Vaginoplasty and Labiaplasty and for the sutures to already start dissolving?

I have swelling and only minimal discomfort.

Vaginoplasty and labiaplasty recovery

+2
Some bloody discharge is not uncommon even 5 days after vaginoplasty and dissolvable sutures are too acceptable - keeping in mind that there probably are several layers of sutures holding things together.  Nonetheless, it is always best to address these concerns with your operating surgeon that can actually physically examine the tissue to confirm normalcy.  Glad to help.

Dissolvable sutures with labiaplasty with concern of drainage

+2
Permanent or dissolvable sutures can be used with a labiaplasty, I prefer to use dissolvable sutures.  A small amount of drainage from bloody to blood-tinged is normal for the first week.  I recommend sitz baths with tepid to warm water twice a day to promote good hygiene.  Bacitracin ointment should be applied to incisions 2 times a day.  Dissolvable sutures begin to break down within 1-2 weeks and loose ends or knots can be removed to speed up the healing process. 

Charles A. Wallace, MD