Is it normal to get blisters and rash after breast reduction?

I am now almost four months past my breast reduction surgery and I still am having problems. I have a rash...or at least it looks like a rash....rough and red over one side of the scar. It is not that the scar is red....but the skin around it. I also seem to be constantly getting blisters around the scar area. Sometimes they are blood blisters and other times just water blisters. My family dr figures that I have a yeast infection...so he put me on a cortisone cream and antibiotic cream.

Success of surgery

+2
after any surgery areas around the scar and the scar are very sensitive, I advise you to visit your plastic surgeon to examine you and you can be certain of what actually happens to you. success of surgery depends on the close relationship with your plastic surgeon.

+1
I am sorry to hear/see the problem you are experiencing.   I would suggest very close follow-up with your plastic surgeon, who will always be your best resource when it comes to making a clinical diagnosis, treatment recommendations, and/or reassurance. Best wishes.