Is It Normal to Have Bleeding and Dryness in Nose 10 Months After Rhinoplasty?

Bleeding and Dryness 10 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal to have dryness and bleeding 10 months after rhinoplasty. See your surgeon or another nasal specialist for evaluation and treatment.

Most likely scenario for bleeding after rhino is dryness

+1

Whenever a patient says that they are having bleeding long after a rhinoplasty, it can send up red flags. There a few very common reasons, and some uncommon reasons for bleeding. The most likely scenario is as follows. The lining of your nose is very much like your lips. We all know that our lips can chap and bleed in dry weather. Similarly if there is a knuckle of cartilage sticking out or a prominent vessel, this area can dry out and bleed. The solution to this problem is a combo of nasal saline sprays to moisturize the lining of the nose. An addition to this is Aquaphor to also moisturize the lining of the nose. DO not use vaseline.

This is the most likely cause.

I would check this out with a reputable ENT or facial plastic surgeon!

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding & Dryness Following Rhinoplasty

+1

I would highly recommend you re-consult with your surgeon or a reputable facial plastic surgeon. Although I have seen intermittent episodes of bleeding and dryness 10 months following rhinoplasty, this is quite rare. Hopefully, a quick physical examination will reveal the source of your problems with a straightforward fix. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com/procedures/rhinoplasty-san-diego-ca/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chronic nasal bleeding and dryness is not normal 10 mos. after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

You may consider consulting a reputable ENT specialist, or facial plastic surgeon to diagnose the cause of your nasal bleeding and dryness. This may only require nasal saline lubricating gel to be applied with a Q-tip as needed. An in-office cauterization with topical anesthetic may be helpful. You'll want to have your surgeon check for a septal perforation as a cause of both issues.

All the best from NJ

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon