Is It Normal to Be So Anxious Post Operatively?

I am 3 days PO. I don't actually have any problems but I am anxious about everything. Aside from a bit of heat and minimal bruising/redness/discomfort ( I have no fever/leakage/odour), everything seems to be really good. I see my PS on Monday which will be 7 days post op. I haven't seen the incisions yet but scars don't bother me so long as they are healthy. Things are going well, but I can't seem to turn off the panic switch!

Anxiety after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure;  at this point, hopefully you can relax knowing that the “worst is over” and that it is very likely that you will be very pleased with the functional and aesthetic changes achieved with this highly patient pleasing operation.

Although I cannot provide you with specific medical advice online, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

You should also be aware that significant emotional “ups and downs” are extremely common after any type of surgical procedure. It is important, during this time to have lots of support around you and to try to “occupy your mind” as you go through the healing process. I suggest my patients restart their "relaxation techniques” as soon as possible  after surgery.

Furthermore, it is not unusual for patients to experience mental status changes with the use of the medications that are necessary during your post operative course.

If you find that the anxiety you are feeling is overwhelming and/or  associated with other symptoms ( for example difficulty breathing, dizziness, neurologic changes…)  seek immediate medical attention.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Hello

+1

It can be that your body is in shock. The pain pills can also cause panic and anxiety. Follow up with your PS.