Normal To Get Brown Spots on Face After Yag Laser? How Do I Get Rid of Them? (photo)

Twenty four hours ago, I had Ng:Yag laser treatment only on the brown spots on my face (all over) and my skin looks HORRIBLE. I look like I have the measles, but the good news is that I'm not in pain or swollen. Am I going to be scarred? What can I do to make sure I don't scar? She only gave me a topical cream to apply twice a day. She is an MD and has been working with lasers for a long time - although she did burn my friend.

Red spots are traditionally what occurs after Yag laser

You look like you just had the Yag procedure.  You have red marks everywhere that you had the Yag.  It should take about a week for this to heal with a topical emollient.  Please follow-up with your dermatologist with any questions and concerns.

Spots After Nd:Yag Laser Therapy is Usually Normal

What you describe is usually normal after Yag Laser therapy and may take a week or more to heal without sequela.  However, if you have any concerns, you should always return to your treating physician for re-evaluation as soon as possible.

Robert Strimling, MD