Normal To Get Brown Spots on Face After Yag Laser? How Do I Get Rid of Them? (photo)

Twenty four hours ago, I had Ng:Yag laser treatment only on the brown spots on my face (all over) and my skin looks HORRIBLE. I look like I have the measles, but the good news is that I'm not in pain or swollen. Am I going to be scarred? What can I do to make sure I don't scar? She only gave me a topical cream to apply twice a day. She is an MD and has been working with lasers for a long time - although she did burn my friend.

Red spots are traditionally what occurs after Yag laser

+1

You look like you just had the Yag procedure.  You have red marks everywhere that you had the Yag.  It should take about a week for this to heal with a topical emollient.  Please follow-up with your dermatologist with any questions and concerns.

Spots After Nd:Yag Laser Therapy is Usually Normal

+1

What you describe is usually normal after Yag Laser therapy and may take a week or more to heal without sequela.  However, if you have any concerns, you should always return to your treating physician for re-evaluation as soon as possible.

Robert Strimling, MD