Is Roll of Fat Above Belly Button Normal After Smart Lipo?

I had Smart Lipo done on my abs over 2 weeks ago and now have this ridge above my belly button that looks like a roll of fat accompanied by sagging skin. Its soft on top and hard underneath and i dont have my post op check up until sept (its out of town or else id go sooner) and wondering if its normal? i wasnt overweight and very petite before and have not had kids or saggy skin EVER. PLEASE ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

SmartLipo

+1

This could be inflammation after lipo which is normal or it could be irregular fat removal.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they can advise you of the situation.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Roll over lipo

+1

Two weeks after liposuction, the roll you have may be fluid, or swelling, it may also be from the garment. You should follow-up with your doctor or his staff or his coverage.

+1

Thanks for the photos. Yes you have a real issue. Most likely you will need revision at 3 to 4 months but for now GET lymphatic massages, external ultrasound therapy frequently. 

Communicate with your surgeon for after-lipo questions

+1

Marci, the most important thing for you to do at this stage is to communicate with your surgeon. You've taken some good photos that show what your concerns are. Call your surgeon's office and send them the photos as a starting point. They may be able to give you some advice over the telephone, but nothing substitutes for actually seeing your surgeon in person. It may be inconvenient to travel to the office, but it could be well worth it to get some answers and advice! 

Best to you! Kimberly Finder

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Roll after SmartLipo

+1

Irregularities after SmartlIpo or any other liposuction can happen. I would make sure that your garment is providing even pressure with no ridges and no tight areas.  I would also make sure your surgeon has seen the pictures you posted.  Lastly, I would not wait until your scheduled appointment, but I would go see your surgeon now to make sure there is no collection of fluid there that needs to be drained.  Best of luck, Dr. Canales

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon