Is It Normal After Liposuction to Sweat a Lot?

Is it normal after liposuction to sweat a lot? I dont have a fever but I am waking up to drenched in sweat. Is this normal?

+1

You really do need to address this with your surgeon.  However, I always inform my liposuction patients that they will be “leaking” after surgery for at least the first 24 hours.  The tumescent solution, which is the fluid injected into your tissues, will leak through after liposuction and I ask my patients to put plastic sheeting on their bedding and on wherever they may be sitting.  I’m unsure if this is what your experiencing. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sweating after liposuction

+1

When was your procedure performed?  This would not be a usual response.  If you are wearing a compression garment, you may have some increased perspiration.  I would strongly suggest you call your doctor for evaluation.  If it is early on, there may be a connection, but if it is more than a couple of months after it is most likely  unrelated.

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon