17 days post Liposuction, my stomach looks very lumpy and bumpy. Is this normal after liposuction? (photo)

I am 17 days after my liposuction procedure of my tummy. I'm very worried because as you can see (pic included) my stomach looks very lumpy and bumpy. Very unattractive. I searched everywhere for a before pic but basically my stomach was smooth but with a small pudge. I am wishing right now that I hadn't done this. Please tell me if this looks like a problem or if it looks like it will be fine.

+1
Lumps and bumps are not the desired result after liposuction but it is fairly common this early in your recovery.  You are most likely still swollen so you may feel firmness as well.  You should notice improvement over the next few months as swelling goes down, but definitely mention your concerns to your surgeon.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction at 17 days

+1
Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
Liposuction typically causes swelling and irregularities - that take 6 months to fully subside, 6 weeks to significantly improve. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

17 days after lipo

+1

It is very normal to have some degree of lumpiness and an irregular contour 17 days after liposuction.Time, compression and massage will help this. Let your surgeon know your concerns to that they may evaluate you, provide their feedback and advise on what can be done to optimize your recovery. Good luck!

Paul M. Parker, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

17 days after liposuction

+1
17 days is still quite early in the healing process after liposuction and things will assuredly change and improve over the next several weeks.  Let your surgoen's office know of your concerns and ask about tissue massage.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

17 days post liposuction

+1
At 17 days post liposuction, some irregualrities can occur and some firmness can develop. If concerned speak to your surgeon. Over time the swelling will subside. You surgeonmay recommend massage.

17 Days Post Liposuction and I see Irregularities

+1
It appears there is some contour irregularity, but that should settle out with exercise and compression.  I have my patients actively exercising at this point in the healing process, while maintaining compression for an additional two weeks if they are willing.  In general, small areas of "lumpy bumpy" healing, as I call it, will soften out in 3-6 months.  You will be happy with your results.  If there are large areas of irregularity, by 3 months I would consider ultrasound or radiofrequency to help even it all out.  From what I see, I think you will get a great result.  Stay on course with your healing.  And get back into the gym ... with your physicians blessing of course.  If needed a revision can be performed, but wait 6 months to make that decision.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo

+1
Be patient.  Your abdomen will settle in and undergo  many changes over the next several weeks.  There is a good chance that everything will smooth out.  

John M. Griffin, MD

17 days post Liposuction, my stomach looks very lumpy and bumpy. Is this normal after liposuction?

+1
This is the reason I offer SmartLipo Triplex liposuction less chance of the wave effect occurring in my opinion... 

Concerns about liposuction.

+1
Thank you for your picture. I think that your liposuction does have some small areas of contour deformity. This is real early in your recovery you're only 17 days out. Your skin should smooth out.  Follow your plastic surgeon's advice and wear your surgical garment.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

17 days from liposuction I don't see much reason for concern.

+1
Contour irregularities due to swelling or fairly common for weeks after liposuction. As long as these are trending favorably I don't think you have anything to worry about.