Can Thermage Help After Knee Lipo?

I've done lipo on my knees (on the top) and a bit on inner thighs in 3 months ago. The result is good. After the fat removed on the top my knees, they look like have a gap. From the front look good not from sides. I just wondering, can Thermage helps my skin condition to look more better?. I still feeling they are tight/hard inside and a bit painful, specially when I want to start standing and walking, is this normal?.. I apply oil & lotion & still wearing my compres. garment. HO in Perth

Thermage following knee liposuction is a waste!

+2

Thermage will have no effect on the quality of the skin around your knee but will an affect on your wallet. You probably have better things to do with your money.

At 3 months you still will have inflammation and swelling which may take another 3 - 9 months to maximally resolve.

Use Thermage if you have a lot to spend for little results!!

+2

Unfortunately, every wants great results without surgery and for minimal cost in dollars, pain , and recovery. Most non invasive body contouring techniques have little scientific evidence to back them and poor clinical evidence that they work. I would advise you to save your money and not try Thermage.

Richard L. Dolsky MD

Richard L. Dolsky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thermage after liposuction

+2

If you had liposuction, then I doubt you need Thermage. The liposuction would help reduce the fat and Thermage might help to tighten, but tightening might not help your situation, and without an examination, it is impossible to say.  Even if you did have sagging skin around the knees, the Thermage may not lift much on that area of the leg.  It never lifts as much as surgery does, but for some people who refuse to have surgery there is no other option.  If they are prepared to spend much money and have some pain during the treatment understanding there is no guarantee of improvement, then Thermage may be considered.  For some patients the results are outstanding and others there is minimal improvement if any. But I doubt you would find improvement around the knees after liposuction. If money were no object, then maybe it would be worth a try.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiofrequency devices such as Thermage

+2

and others (Velushape, Accent, etc.) all sound wonderful but in reality have quite a history of "under performing", to say the least. The treatments can be pricey and what little result you get quite transitory. Save your money unless the treating provider has a money-back guarantee (which they won't have).

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thermage for skin tightening

+2

Thermage usually works for skin tightening in all parts of the body. It even can help with celllulite and waviness of the thighs. It is non-surgical, takes about one hour with no anesthesia. Discover what Demi Moore has been doing to keep looking fantastic! Watch my videos.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thermage

+2

Thermage sounds nice in theory, but in practical terms it is not effective.  I have not seen one patient have any long lasting or appreciable effect.  However, it is not invasive, so you will only be out your time and money to give it a try.  So, if you have those resources, then anything is worth a try.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Thermage

+2

From what I have seen, I am not impressed with the results of thermage.  But I suppose you can try it?

Can Thermage Help After Knee Lipo?

+2

Give it a try but I doubt it will help you resolve the issue. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Thermage? Does it do food or harm?.

+2

I am very unimpressed with what I have seen of Thermage.  You spend your dollars and get little in return.   I have seen 3 patients with unattractive and irregular fat loss tha did not look goiod in face , arm, and thighs.  I have seen a lady who spent 17000 dollars for head to toe Thermage and got zero.  In all the years I have seen on one good Thermage treatment and that was done by Bruce Saal MD of Los Gatos, a true master of the technique.  I advise against Thermage.  Do massage.  Check with your surgeon.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Improbable that thermage will help.

+2

Having said that, there is little harm in trying.  However, you need realistic expectations.  It is possible that you will not feel like you got your monies worth.