Is This Normal After Breast Reduction? (photo)

Hello, I wanted to ask about breast reduction results. I am 1 year post op. My breasts came out too small but my PS says i will get used to them. I now have stretch marks b/c they were very large before 38F now they are a C i was told a D . So after all the pain and terrible recovery time, I have saggy, small breasts with stretch marks. They were more beautiful in their original state! I have asked if we can fix them. He won't. I can't stand to look at them. they are ugly What do I do?

Hello

+1

Without seeing your before pictures its very hard to give you an accurate response. After a breasts reduction its never 100% what size you will be once all swelling is gone. The stretch marks are not something a PS to help you with. That has to do with the quality of your skin. If your unhappy with your results maybe you should get an implant to and a lift.  You should get a second opinion.

Breasts too Small after Reduction

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with your breast reduction results. Without seeing your "before" pictures, it is hard to comment but based on the picture you submitted, the results look good. 

• The stretch marks are not a result of the breast reduction surgery.
  • Your breasts are a bit saggy but that is more likely due to the quality of your skin. Your previous very large breasts stretched the skin and it is unlikely that your breasts will stay high on your chest.
  • Although you are now a C cup, you look proportional. Most plastic surgeons tell their patients that there is no way to guarantee a specific cup size after breast reduction surgery.
  • If you wish to have larger breasts again, then be prepared to have them sag more in the future as the weight of implants may pull them down. 
  • If you wish to have less saggy breast, then a breast lift may help but it could also require removal of more breast tissue to get the result. 

You should discuss this with another Board Certified plastic surgeon but be aware that more surgery may not give you the result you want.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Is This Normal After Breast Reduction?

+1

Seek other boarded surgeons to revise your result reduction. But you will most likely have to pay for the revision. Sorry. 

Breast lift with or without augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  If you feel your breasts are too small the only way to make them bigger are to either use an implant or fat grafting.  You can reshape and tighten the breast skin envelope via a breast lift.  It will be important for you to identify what you would like to accomplish with regards to breast volume and shape and then to see several well qualified board certified plastic surgeons.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-reduction.cfm

Breast reduction revision is always an option, but what do you want to achieve?

+1
Looking at your post-reduction picture only, it is difficult to comment.  If you have pre-reduction pictures it would be helpful to understand the changes you underwent with this surgery.
With your current breasts, I would suggest you consider a lift.  There is very little that can be done about the stretchmarks, however the overall shape could be improved with a lift.  A lift will not only lift the breasts but can also create a more perky/full look.  At our clinic we perform a "sling" mastopexy, where the breast is completely reshaped to give you a fuller look.

Web reference: http://www.torontosurgery.ca

Not Happy after Breast Reduction Surgery...

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast reduction surgery. Assuming your surgery was done by a board-certified plastic surgeon, I would suggest that you follow-up with him/her and communicate your specific concerns in a calm and constructive fashion.

It may be helpful to evaluate your before and after pictures carefully and objectively as well. If you find that, after this communication, you remain dissatisfied with your plastic surgeon's response, seeking second opinions in person will be much more helpful than advice you receive online.

Remember to communicate your concerns specifically and explained to the plastic surgeons you see what you mean by “they are ugly”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm