Is This a Normal Look After Botox?

I had botox the 1st of september on my forehead and around my eyes. When im seroius it looks nice because my eyes used to have a sad look before and not now. But when i try to raise my eyebrows they go very high in the extremes. I think it makes me look weird, kind of evil. Was this botox well done or is something missing to make me look a little more natural when i raise my eyes. Was this excess of botox, lack of it or injected in the wrong place?? what can i do?

How to fix eyebrows that are to high after Botox

+1
Thank you for your question.  There is an easy solution here.  A small amount of Botox above each eyebrow in the forehead will soften that exaggerated eyebrow.  If you go back to your provider he or she should be able to take care of it very quickly and modify your next treatment appropriately so it does not happen next time.  

Reno Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for your lateral forehead

+1

You just require some Botox injected into the muscles of your lateral forehead.  A tiny bit will bring down your eyebrow and give you a natural look.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

You just need a touch up

+1

Your "spock" look can be fixed easily with a few units of Botox placed in the lateral aspects of your forehead- above the peaked arches.  Return to your board-certified plastic surgeon for a quick touch up. 

Elizabeth Kim, MD

Excessively raised eyebrows after Botox

+1

What you are describing and your picture shows is the "Spock" effect.  This is an easy problem to fix all you need is a small amout of Botox in the lateral forehead region to soften those muscles that are pulling up your lateral (off to the side) eyebrows.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

Fixing Spock/Jack Nicholson eyebrows after Botox is easy

+1

When Botox is injected into the main central part of the forehead, sometimes people end up with outer brow arches that raise too high and look strange in relation to the rest of their face, and their normal expressions. This is due to the outer forehead muscles not being weakened, and is a common, easy to fix issue.

Go back to the board-certified dermatologist who first injected you and show her, and if she is detail-oriented and understands the anatomy, she will be able to fix that arch with a very few units of Botox or Dysport. That is if you want it fixed. Some patients like it!

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Sinister, Spock or the Jack Nicholson ("Here's Johnny!") look after Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) injection

+1

You are describing what is called the Sinister, Spock or even the Jack Nicholson ("Here's Johnny!") look. IT usually treated by injecting small amounts of Botox into the outer forehead regions.

Botox injections

+1

To avoid the arched brow look laterally more botox can be injected in that region to balance out the effect

Botox needed in lateral forehead

+1

What you need now is a minor touch-up. It appears that the sides of your forehead possibly weren't treated, and this why you see the muscle pull in these areas when you raise your brows. This is easily fixed with a couple of units of Botox in the temporal areas (sides of the forehead).

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slight touch up needed after Botox injection

+1

I would agree that a small amount of Botox in the lateral forehead will resolve your concerns. You do seem to have bruised a moderate amount. Definitely avoid any blood thinners and ice the forehead after your next injection. Best of luck.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

You just need a little tweaking

+1

It would be best to comment if I had also seen your "before" photo, but my guess is that you have a compensatory strenghtening of some lateral fibers of the frontalis muscle. Your doctor was likely conservative (always a good idea on first injection) and did not want to drop your brows by injecting your forehead. All it will take are a few more units in the over-active areas and in a couple of days, the look will soften.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist