Is It Normal to Absolutely HATE my New Nose Job? ( 10 Days Post-op )

I had rhinoplasty done 10 days ago&I really hate it I think I looked much better before,my surgeon made my tip more pointy cause it was more squared&he made it a little longer&also made my nostrils smaller,Im not happy with my nose but I keep reading how I need to be more patient&that its going to through many changes but I am just freaking out cause it just looks too long&my nostrils look too flared&my tip looks kinda pinched it doesnt match my face,it just looks too sculpted,will it soften up?

Rhinoplasty

+1

You may consider evaluating your results in 3 month intervals, in 6 months you should be at about 90% healing. Typically the nose is way to swollen only 10 days post op. I would contact your surgeon to see what he suggests.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hating Nose 10 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not normal to hate your nose 10 days after rhinoplasty because it is impossible for you to evaluate your nose such a short time after surgery. Be patient and discuss this with your surgeon.

10 Days Post-op

+1

10 days post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon.  It is possible that you may like your nose more or less with time but unfortunately you have to be patient

Sam Naficy, MD

Wait to judge rhinoplasty results

+1

It is expected that the early stages following rhinoplasty will not accurately reflect your permanent result.  Ten days after rhinoplasty, you are still seeing a significant amount of swelling of the tissues, which can result in distortion of the important anatomic landmarks of the nose.  The changes in the appearance of the tip can appear exaggerated because the tissues have not yet gone through the healing process that allows the tissues to settle into their permanent position.  In addition, the nose is a very central facial landmark, and sometimes there can be some temporary emotional difficulty adjusting to changes of the nose.

This is the most difficult stage for you, because it truly requires patience and trust that your nose will continue to change and improve.  Give it a few months to settle down, and keep your eyes on the goal of the ultimate final result.  After 6-12 months, if you are still not satisfied, discuss with your Plastic Surgeon whether a revision or touch-up procedure would help achieve your goal.

Mia E. Skourtis, MD

+1

Ten days after a Rhinoplasty, is too soon to make any judgements about how your nose will ultimately look.  Give yourself and your Rhinoplasty Surgeon a break and be a little patient.  You may want to have this discussion with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon

Be patient with your rhinoplasty results

+1

I would definitely be patient, because the reality is that you can't do anything to fix it for 6 months to a year anyway. In the next few weeks you might see some changes in the right direction. In general, the appearance of the nose immediately after surgery depends on several factors: swelling, the type of splinting, and the procedure itself. The procedure would be the biggest factor. If you post a before and after picture it would be easier to comment on the result. I would hang tight for now. Good luck

John Alexander II, MD