Is It Normal fro Swelling 2 months post-op Rhino?

Is it normal to have considerable swelling two month after closed rhinoplasty(Removal of a hbump). I am really worried because my nose looks much bigger after the surgery and it is not even symmetrical specially in the tip of my nose. I am really unhappy right now.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty...

+2

Swelling after Rhinoplasty should be expected, and is normal.  You will start noticing a change in the shape of your nose right after surgery, but it may take a few weeks for some of the swelling to subside.  After the surgery it could take several months to one year for all of the swelling to go down and to see the final result of the surgery.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Best to post before and after photos so we can advise better. But swelling can last for 6 months or more. But if you think the appearance is very different than that is another issue. 

Swelling

+2

Every person heals at a different rate. If you had a large hump removed and osteotomies it's quite normal to still be swollen. Talk to your surgeon about where he/she thinks you are at in the healing phase.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+2

Unfortunately, you need to wait longer. It may well be that things are not going as well as you would like but, it is too early to judge. Follow up with your surgeon.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

Have you been following up with your PS?  Swelling is very common after this surgery especially if you are exercising, exposed to heat etc... You need to address your concerns in you f/u appts.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Sweeling After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is not only normal to have swelling two months after a rhinoplasty; it is expected in most cases. It is not unusual for the nose to look a bit larger after the surgery due to swelling and you still have a lot of healing time until the final shape of your nose is revealed. It is not unusual for patients to dislike their noses for the first few weeks to months after rhinoplasty due to swelling and other features of the nose that will change over time. Try not to judge the results of your rhinoplasty until the nose has healed completely. This may take up to six months after a primary rhinoplasty. The swelling will continue to improve gradually and it is not unusual for other asymmetries to appear and disappear throughout the healing process. 

Gary Motykie, MD