What to Do About Large, Loose and Hanging Thighs After Medial Thigh Lift? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck and a medial thigh lift done on December 12, 2012. At first things seemed to be going well. Now, it seems that my thighs are loose, shaky and larger! When I move, my thighs jiggle. Is it possible that it is swelling? Do I have to do another type of thigh lift besides medial? I lost about 80 pounds which is why I had these surgeries in the first place. I am a female in my mid-20s. I now weigh 120 pounds. Thanks.

Medial Thigh Lift and Residual Laxity

+1

If you are early after surgery, give yourself at least 6 months to heal and for the swelling to resolve and scars to mature.  If you are dissatisfied with the contours of the medial thighs a revision can be contemplated.  Kenneth Hughes, MD thighlift Los Angeles, CA

Loose thighs following medial thigh lift

+1

I am sorry to hear about your issues after your surgery.  Unfortunately, it is hard to visualize anything due to the quality of your photos.  First and foremost, go talk to your plastic surgeon about these issues.  He or she will be very interested in your impressions after surgery.  There are many different ways to perform thigh lifts.  Scar length/visibility is weighed versus contour correction.  

Stephen M. Chen, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Excellent Result

+1

The result you show in your photo is an excellent result for a young weight loss patient.   The weight loss has caused irreversible changes in your skin elasticity.  Tightening your skin further would either put you at risk for labial distortion or require longer more visible scars.  I believe that your surgeon performed the appropriate operation and with an excellent outcome. You should discuss the specifics of thigh lifts in weight loss patients further with your surgeon.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Questions about inner thigh lift surgery and results

+1

It is close to impossible to give you any guidance based on your photographs.  This being said you will get some looseness of the skin over time but I would not expect the to be real loose at 1 month post op.  Submit better photographs if you can.