I Have Severe Constipation and Stabbing Pain Two Months After a Tummy Tuck?

I had a tummy tuck in Dec. 2012 with no major issues. Last Sunday, I developed a stabbing pain in my belly. Later, I develop mild nausea. I see my doctor and he thinks that the nausea is due to the pain and the pain is due to the nerves regenerating.On Thursday and today, I develop constipation so bad that I have to manually remove impacted feces (sorry). Do I have scar tissue pressing on something or interfering with the passage of feces or food? The stabbing pain is better now though.

Problems following an abdominoplasty

You certainly can have some degree of discomfort for several months following an abdominoplasty.  However your complaints seem a bit unusual and an evaluation by your family physician may be best at this time.  The only reason that you may have severe constipation related to your abdominoplasty would be due to using pain medication.  

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

I Have Severe Constipation and Stabbing Pain Two Months After a Tummy Tuck

After a tummy tuck you may have constipation while on narcotics but at this point you should be off narcotics and the constipation and other symptoms are very unlikely to be related to your tummy tuck. You should see your primary care physician for an evaluation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

455 East Airport drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806

2 months after Tummy Tuck Surgery

It is very unlikely that the issues are related to your tummy tuck. I recommend consulting with your family doctor for an examination.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

2360 County Road 94
Pearland, TX 77584

Severe Constipation and Stabbing Pain Two Months After a Tummy Tuck?

There is no reason to believe that constipation, pain, and nausea 2 months after an uneventful tummy tuck would have anything to do with the tummy tuck surgery.  You may have an underlying unrelated medical issue, and you should see your regular doctor.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

600 Broadway
Seattle, WA 98122

Constipation after tummy tuck

Two months postop, your symptoms are unlikely to be related to the tummy tuck. You should be worked up by a gastroenterologist for the most likely source of the problem.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Tummy Tuck and Constipation and Pain at 2 Months

Constipation due to pain medication following tummy tuck would not be unusual, but, after 2 months, you should not be taking the narcotics.   The nausea coupled with the change in bowel movements may suggest something else unrelated to a tummy tuck.  If there has been previous abdominal or pelvic surgery or hernia repair was a part of the tummy tuck, there may be another dynamic other than nerve regeneration.  I would return to the plastic surgeon if concerns persist or worsen.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210