Which type of TT is best for me? (photo)

I have been to 3 different PS and received 3 different answers as to what type of TT, I should get. 1) Full TT lipo epigastric & flanks 2) Modified Full (not sure what thay entails, but not mini) lipo abs/flanks/Back bra roll 3) mini TT with lipo upper abs & waistline 54yr female, 5'7"; lbs, excellent health. Currently have a very low C-Section scar.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Which kind of tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question and for your photographs.

It can be very confusing when different plastic surgeons give differing opinions.  Unfortunately, there are sometimes different ways to approach the same problem. 

The way to determine whether areas are good for liposuction is to get a sense of how tight the skin tone is by pinching it.  If you have good skin elasticity and liposuction is performed under the areas with good skin elasticity the skin will shrink up and generally you will have a good result in that area.  If the skin is loose already then liposuction will make it even looser.

In my own practice I commonly perform liposuction of the love handle area and back roles when the skin elasticity is good.  I do not perform at epigastric liposuction at the same time as a full tummy tuck.  When you liposuction the upper abdominal skin you are bruising the blood supply.  In a full tummy tuck your also elevating the skin away from its normal blood supply.  While in some cases you can get away with doing both at the same time there is a higher risk of healing problems when that skin is pulled down to the lower abdomen.  Once the tummy tuck has healed liposuction in the upper abdomen has minimal risks of healing problems.

While I cannot truly guide you without an examination your photographs look as though you would really benefit more from a full tummy tuck than a mini tummy tuck.

Please be sure that the surgeons that you have seen are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  If their opinions are not making sense to you ask each about the difference and ask them to explain it.  If you're still not comfortable you may wish to seek other opinions.  Generally speaking when a consistent recommendation comes from a few doctors and make sense to you intellectually it's usually the best way to go.

Best wishes and good luck.

Web reference: http://www.atcosmetics.com/html/abdominoplasty.php

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1

Thank you for your pictures.

In my opinion, an extended tummy tuck would be best in order to tuck some of the excess skin on the sides as well. I would combine it with liposuction in the waist, upper and lower back.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What type of TT should I get.

+1

Many times similar procedures have different descriptors by different surgeons. However, you are not a candidate for a mini and then whatever other procedures you have with the TT is up to you. Personally i would recommend a "lipo abdominoplasty " with ultrasonic lipo pasty of your hips. just be sure your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon and a member of ASAPS/ASPS and you should be fine. 

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Type of tummy tuck

+1

Based on the photos, it looks like you'll need full muscle repair and extensive skin removal, which will require a full abdominoplasty. Lesser variations are very unlikely to give you a good result. Liposuction can be combined with tummy tucks to improve results in many cases but the muscle laxity and skin excess are your greatest problems in my opinion. In the photo it looks like you have a lot of visceral fat too ("belly fat") which can only be improved with weight loss. It will probably give you a better result if that could be reduced as much as possible before your tummy tuck.

Lipo-Abdominoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. Your best result will come from some combination of Liposuction with an Abdominoplasty.  The Lipo-Abdominoplasty or Marriage Abdominoplasty.  Preop weight loss to lose intra-abdominal fat that cannot be helped by the procedure will also enhance your results. Consult with a Plastic Surgeon experienced with this technique.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Which type of tummy tuck is best for me?

+1

There are a variety of surgical procedures or combinations that can produce good results in patients with abdominal laxity, depending on multiple factors including their anatomy and degree of desired improvement: A mini tummy tuck, an umbilical float modified tummy tuck, a full abdominoplasty. Each of these can be performed with or without liposuction. They produce different degrees of improvement.

Following the advise of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Which type of TT is best for me?

+1

In my over the internet opinion and having NEVER examined you my guess is a full TT with muscle repair and possible flank lipo.//

Which type of TT is best for me?

+1

An exam would be essential, but a full tummy tuck with liposuction may yield your best result.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Full vs mini tummy-tuck

+1

The difference between a full and a mini-abdominoplasty is the amount of skin that is removed.  With a full tummy tuck the skin from just above the pubis to just above the belly button is removed.  With a mini tuck, the skin removed is typically less, and the belly button is not disturbed.

The abdominal wall muscles are typically tightened with both procedures.  

Modified procedures can remove skin without tightening the muscles.

From your photos it would appear that you would most likely benefit from a full tummy tuck.

I would certainly consult with a Plastic Surgeon who has the best reputation for TT procedures.

Medford Plastic Surgeon

What kind of Tummy Tuck?

+1

Based on the photos, you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Anything less will not give you a good cosmetic result. An exam is needed to determine the amount of liposuction needed.  Choosing the surgeon that you trust should be your utmost priority.  Establish good communication with your surgeon, so that you have a clear understanding of the procedure and post op care.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.