Almost 4 Wks PO After BA and Left Breast is Higher, Square Shaped and Has a Hard Lump. Is This Normal? (photo)

Tomorrow will be 4 wks since I had 350CC HP silicone gel implants placed under the muscle with areolar incisions. My breasts have looked different from each other from day 1 and do not seem to be changing. While they have both dropped somewhat, the right one is much more soft and round. The left one appears almost square on one side, is still bruised around the nipple area and I can now feel a hard lump underneath the bruised area. Is it scar tissue? What can I do to help it heal faster?

Implant asymmetry

+1

Thanks for the great serial photos.  They really tell the story of how your implants are evening out and settling with the passage of time.  Be patient.  I ask my patients to wait at least three months before passing judgement. 

If your implants end up needing a little repositioning, that is usually a pretty easy procedure with a quick recovery.

Check back with us in another couple of months and keep up the great photography!

Settling of implants

+1

Don't forget that time is on your side.  Nothing needs to be done now, wait to see how the left side settles.  It may end up perfect.  If not, it is a realtively easy surgery to release the lower/outer quadrant of the left side to allow the implant to drop into allignment with the right.  Just relax with your situation and it will all be fine. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

4 Wks PO After BA

+1

No breasts are completely symmetric, and the differences are often more noticeable with larger breasts. On the pre-op photo, for example, the fold on the right looks about one-half inch lower than the left.

Saying that, at least on the one view that is posted, these look quite even, and improving over the course of the posted photos.

Without feeling it, I can't comment on the lump, but a call into your surgeon is appropriate. All the best. 

Four weeks post BA and worried about shape difference

+1

You are still early in the recovery phase.  Implants usually take 3-6 weeks to settle or drop, but can take as long as 3-6 months.  Your implants appear quite close together in the midline and you may have been a better candidate for ultra high profile implants at this size, due to your narrow appearing breasts in the preoperative photo.  There are some things that you can do to help the implants settle which your surgeon should be able to suggest.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon