Nonsurgical Nose Job - Can It Change the Shape of my Nose?

I would like to change the shape of the tip of my nose, however, I don't want to go through surgery. Will a nonsurgical nose job do this?

Non Surgical Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) can change the shape of your tip

+2

Non Surgical Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) can add structure to an amorphous tip, improve symmetry of a tip, and rotate a droopy tip. 

Non Surgical Nose Job in general is a very specialized and somewhat difficult procedure, and treating the tip is particularly tricky and should be done by someone with a lot of filler experience and experience with nasal anatomy.

For an example of a non surgical rhinoplasty, please click the link below.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical nose job

+2

A non-surgical nose job will effect subtle alterations in the shape of the nose and tends to work best in the bridge.

Mild irregularities in the tip may benefit. However, major alterations in the nasal tip appearance should not be expected and, like surgery, are not without risk.

Discuss these options with a physician who can better provide you with your unique options after a physical examination.

Nonsurgical nose job

+1
Soft tissue fillers can be used in certain situations to correct deformities of the nose. One of the more common uses is to fill depressions of the nose especially after surgery. Another is augmentation of the dorsum (bridge). There are some deformities of the nose that cannot be corrected or improved by soft tissue fillers including a bulbous or large tip or a wide nasal base/alar flaring.

Careful analysis and evaluation of the deformity requiring correction is key. If the problem is that an area is too small, then fillers can be used to add volume and improve the overall appearance. However, if an area is too large or prominent, then addition of fillers around the area to attempt to mask the prominent area will create a nose that is disproportionately large. In this case, rhinoplasty for reduction of the area is more appropriate.

You would benefit from evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss what option would be more appropriate for you.

Jamil Ahmad, MD

Can I have a “non-surgical nose job”, if I'm thinking of getting a rhinoplasty later?

+1

“Non-surgical nose jobs” or “liquid nose jobs” are essentially injections of filler alone or sometimes with Dysport or Botox. They may be beneficial in selected patients and make a slight temporary improvement of minor defects. They are not a replacement for a rhinoplasty. You should avoid any non-surgical rhinoplasty before undergoing traditional cosmetic nasal surgery. Nasal injections may have complications or side- effects that may interfere with and compromise future nasal surgery. Scar tissue may form and nasal cartilage may be altered with any procedure, even a “non-surgical nose-job”. Some residual injected material may still be present in the nasal tissue long after the initial treatment, which may interfere with rhinoplasty surgery and cause problems with healing.

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Not the shape of your tip

+1

There is controversy about non surgical nose jobs, it is best used to fill in small areas of depression along the bridge or tip of the nose. It generally cannot be used to change the SHAPE of the tip of the nose. Our recommendation is to always see a rhinoplasty specialist who performs non-surgical rhinoplasty because they have a better sense of hat the aesthetics of the nose should look like.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Non-surgical nose job

+1

I do not think that fillers are the best way to go for the majority of nasal concerns. It is certainly a good thing for minor touchups or defects. It will not improve a nasal hump for instance. The results will probably last 6-9 months maybe longer, but a rhinoplasty will last a lifetime.  The best way to figure this out is to have a rhinoplasty consultation.

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty to Change the Tip Shape

+1

Yes, non-surgical rhinoplasty may be a good option to change the shape of your tip.  However, without pictures or examining you in person, it is difficult to give you specific advice.  

David Shafer, MD

Non surgical nose jobs

+1

The tip of the nose is not an ideal place for facial filler except for small defects of the nasal tip.  In some cases of acne scars or cases of trauma to the nose, placement of facial filler offers a good option for improving the soft tissue appearance of the nose.  However, for the vast majority of patients seeking reshaping of the nasal tip, a rhinoplasty offers a safer and lifelong answer when performed by an expert surgeon.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

+1

A nonsurgical rhinopasty can slighly increase the tip projections. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty cares for nasal deformities such as humps, drooping tips, or sideways deviations of the top of the nose. This procedure can fill in depressions anywhere on the nose, smooth out sharp angles or change the angle of the tip of the nose. Although the procedure cannot reduce the size of a large nose, it does improve symmetry to the nose.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Non surgical rhinoplasty can reshape the nose

+1

Injectable techniques can improve dorsal irregularities and fix minor asymmetries.  They are less useful in the nasal tip region, but occasionally can provide benefit.  An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can look at your nose and review your options.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon