What Non-Surgical Approach Offers the Best Result for Baggy Eyes?

What Nonsurgical Approach Offers the Best Result for Baggy Eyes?

Under eye bags may be treated with fillers, surgery, or a combination

+1

Under eye bags may be present at an early age in some because of the anatomy of their faces.  In some, bags get worse with time as they lose volume and fat in their face, making the under-eye bags more prominent.  Usually, fillers may be placed under the eyes and in the cheek bone area to support the skin and reduce the bags.

Occasionally, the bags are so prominent surgery is required, but even in these cases, fillers are frequently required to treat the tear trough area afterward.

Good luck in your search for information! 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non- surgical options for baggy eyes

+1

Some of the options include fillers and laser treatments but really at the end of the day, the best option is surgery.  Fillers and laser can help the periocular appearance in individuals that have subtle aging changes but it does not give predictable results.  Surgery (lower eyelid blepharoplasty) is the best option for treating eyelid bags.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye bags cannot be improved without surgery

+1

Hi there-

There is no question that a non-surgical option for improvement of bags under the eyes would be a bonanza for anyone who could come up with it- but it simply doesn't exist....

Fundamentally, the problems that may lead to baggy eyes have to do with the descent of the facial soft tissues, with loss of skin quality and the collection of excess skin and/or muscle tissue. These are not problems that I can foresee ever being correctible without surgery.

On the other hand, the procedure for their correction is generally a minor procedure that is very well tolerated by healthy patients in the hands of experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Non-surgical treatment of bags under eyes

+1

If I could find one I would use it instead of surgery. In my opinion there is no good non-surgical alternative for the treatment of eye lid bags.

Aaron Stone, MD