Choosing the Right Implant Size. B Cup, 5'4", 140lbs, 14cm Diameter? (photo)

I had a BA consultation with a doctor I liked. I love his before/after pics. Im currently a 34b desiring more volume/fullness. I like silicone best. The doctor measured my breast diameter at 14cm. At 5'4" and 140 lbs, he started me off with a 450 cc implant to try on. It appeared natural, but you can't really tell until its actually implanted. I didn't want to go larger, but wanted to know if this would look natural and is it a good size for me? Should I go smaller or larger? See pics.

+3

The photos are helpful, as are the measurements. The 14 cm diameter suggests that if 450 is the size you like, the best choice to match your breast width would be the moderate plus profile. Without an actual exam and feedback from you on sizer trials I would not want to comment on size choice, Trying on implants is an effective tool in helping to pick the implant to be used at surgery. Further discussions with your surgeon will be more fruitful that on line opinions!

Thanks for your question, all the best.

450 cc with 14 cm chest wall

+2

From your photos, I believe that 450 cc would be a good choice depending upon the profile that is chosen. 

Implant sizes

+2

A good question. Is the 450 implant LP, MP, or HP? If it is 450 MP, I would say it should look nice on you. I suggest not wearing a bra and only wearing a band since your nipples are a little low.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

The correct sizing depends on the breast width, chest width and anatomy, your height and your weight. It would be best to measure you

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implant selection

+1

In order to properly size you, I would have to examine you in person and discuss with you your expectations for the results.  It is difficult to say just by looking at photographs.

Implant selection

+1

You left out much important information such as bra size, etc.

It is impossible for anyone really to say without an exam.  I am not sure why you seem to be averse to a number "450 cc's" vs. some other number.

You appear to have a large circumference chest which calls for a large diameter implant.  Implants get bigger mainly by gaining diameter vs. gaining projection, so the 450 may be just fine.

On another note, you should bring different shirts to the office to try on to be sure you like the result.  Sometimes they can make the figure fuller in ways that aren't flattering.  You may want to consider looking into low profile implants.

Finally, your nipples appear low, so a lift may need to be considered.

If you really like this doctor, communicate, work together, and you will find a solution.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Choosing breast implant size

+1

450cc will fit your frame but realize that you will be at least a D cup with that size implant. You do have some ptosis (sagging) and might benefit from a lift at the same time. You may want to discuss that with your surgeon or at least understand what the appearance will be if you dont have a lift. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Despite providing good pictures and  precise body measurements, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice online.
 When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.