5'4" and 140 Lbs. Currently 34B and Thinking of 475 Ccs. Is That Too Large?

Hi, I am seeking a very natural looking change in breast size. I had two consults. already and tried on 475 ccs silicone implant. They looked pretty good, but I am worried that they will appear unnatural and palpable. Do you think this size implant will be too large for my body and appear as if I have two oranges trying to escape from inside my chest? I really hate breasts that look like that and want the best advice.

How do i figure out what size implants to get???????

+3

Thank you for your excellent question.  There are many possibilities that exist for augmenting your breast.  At the end of the day, the factors that are important are to assess the base width of your breasts, the amount of soft tissue present at both the inferior pole and the upper pole, and any underlying asymmetries of the chest wall and breast mound.  475 cc's implants can be moderate, moderate plus, or hi profile (Mentor's profile system) and will vary in base width and projection.  In order to assess whether or not these implants will give you the result that you desire, measurements, photographs, and examination are needed to make an accurate assessment.

The postoperative appearance can vary from giving you a look like you would achieve with a nice padded bra (this time without it!) all the way to the very obvious.

Your best result will come from an honest assessment of what look you are going for and from the surgeon's assessment of what look is possible.

Palpability is always an issue.  The larger the implant, the increase in chance for palpability and visual rippling.  This is tempered by the amount of soft tissue that you have to cover the implant.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

You should be the one to determine if this is the right size for you.

+2

While there are certain measurements that are important in deciding the size of the breast implant such as the base diameter of your breast and the base diameter of your implant, if the ladder is not larger than the former then you should be allowed to chose the size that is best for you. You have a body image that you will recognize when you see it. I put moderate profile implants in a very stretchy bra on the patient. I have the patient examine the look for size and let them choose. You need to add an additional 50 cc to the size the patient chooses to make of for the air pockets. This has worked incredibly for my patients. I can't remember the last patient who was unhappy about her size. I have noticed that some patients come in and pick their size in one visit while others will come back several times but almost always they will choose the same implant size or  within 50 cc of their original choice. Make sure you are seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

475 cc at 34 B: Too Big?

+2

The answer is probably not.  200 to 250 cc is usually one cup size.  Thus, you should increase about 2 cup sizes.  This would put you at a D. 

Implants

+1

The shape of the implant has a considerable influence on the look as well as the size. I would advise you to stick to the moderate plus or moderate profiles for the more natural looks

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Choosing a breast implant size that is right for you

+1

When it comes to choosing breast implant size, I recommend to all of my patients to do several things:

1.  Bring in photos of breasts that you like

2.  Try on different size implants in your bra during your consultation with me

3.  Look at before and after photos with me to determine your aesthetic goals.

It sounds like the size implants that you are considering might be too large.  475cc is a lot and your cup size, breast volume, and breast shape will increase significantly.  Therefore, I encourage you to do the things that I suggested in order to choose a breast implant size that is right for you.  Also, it's hard to give you an exact answer without seeing you first as breast shape, current volume, and nipple position have a lot of bearing upon what we decide to do.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber...Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

5'4" Is 475cc Too Large of Implants?

+1

Depending on your measurements and amount of breast tissue you are starting out with will determine if 475cc implants will be balanced with your body and look more natural than fake.  Using a silicone gel implant and going under the muscle should also help them look more natural.  In my office, we use the Vectra 3D Imaging System and also try them on with an unpadded bra to help with the decision process.  If your surgeon has access to the Vectra, it might be a helpful and fun tool so you can see a 3D image/simulation of what you may look like with that size implant.  If you tried on the 475cc implants during your consultations and felt comfortable with the size, then that is your beset answer.  No one will know better than you do if you will be happy with the size, it's a very personal decision.  Good luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Sizing for breat implant size

+1

Breast implant size is matter of artistry and not math.

Your surgeon should be your artist and your desire the goal.

475 cc is not too large for your body frame.

It will make you large D.  If that is what you want then go for it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast implant size

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to assess what size implants would be best for you.  You may want to do a baggy test to see how they look.

Is 475cc too big?

+1

It's impossible to tell without a photo or exam. There is no question that 475cc is a relatively large implant but it depends on the rest of your chest dimensions, appearance of your natural breast, and finally your goals. My guess is that you will end up a DD if that's what you want. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

I'm a 34B, 5'4" and 140 pounds. Are 475 cc's too large implants for me?

+1

It is difficult and, often, unwise to suggest breast implants sizes without photos. Even then, an actual examination of the breasts will be the final determinat in choosing the size of the implants. It is important to make certain that the implants are not too big for the chest which would lead to an unnatural aapearance, which is unattractive and a give-away. You need to consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with breast augmentation and you should look at many of his(her) before an after photos to see if those are the kind of breasts that you desire. Good luck! 

George Lefkovits, MD