Non Surgical Procedure for Tightening Wrinkly Abdominal Skin?

I'm wondering if I would have good results with a non-surgical method of tightening wrinkly abdominal skin? I am a mother of four children all born through normal delivery. I have managed to lose most, if not all, of my baby weight, and tone my abs into pretty decent shape again. However, I am left with this loose wrinkly skin above my belly button and it's even worse if I bend over or lean. I'm really not at all interested in a Tummy Tuck nor even a Mini tummy tuck; but I would like to know what other options might be out there that aren't as invasive and will still tighten the skin in that area?

Skin Tightening Lasers- Do Not Get Caught Up In Brand Names

+2

First of all you should ask -"Do they really work?" I would urge you to find a responsible and knowledgable plastic surgeon and not focus on brand names as this is the least important part of your decision.  As far as longevity- the six week results of your intervention are as permanent as anything in your body can be.  you will continue to age depending on your genetics and environmental factors.

The problem with noninvasive skin tightening is that everyone wants it and everyone wants to believe it works.  The result is practitioners of all sorts capitalizing on this demand.  The truth about skin tightening interventions is that almost all of them work AND NONE OF THEM WORK.  What I mean by this is that there are many ways to convert energy into heat inside or below the skin causing contraction.  The problem is that to deliver clinically effective results the tissue needs to reach at a minimum 43 C which is uncomfortable and can be scary for the patient and the practitioner.  This often results in ineffective treatment and wasted time and money.  I have developed extensive experience with noninvasive technologies mot because I'm a fan but because my patients demand it.  After using several "best in class" technologies to deliver definitive results, my patients were relatively pleased but I was underwhelmed.  THis is why I started using  a treatment that we call Maerckks Multimodal Therapy(MMT) in my practice.  All this is is an intelligently designed multitechnology treatment customized for the individual patient.  I use multiple diffferent frequencies and administration systems for radiofrequency delivery, three different ultrasound frequencies, infrared pulsed light, two different laser systems in concert to deliver immediate significant results that are hard to argue with and continue improving for weeks.  I think the only way to get real results is to combine technologies under the direction of a plastic surgeon that understands the capabilities and limitations of noninvasive skin tightening.  No one technology really delivers anything significant.  Also realiize that even my MMT results that I am very proud of do not remotely compare to what I can achieve with surgery and the cost can approach or exceed that of surgery depending on location and individual patient findings

Skin tightening for abdominal skin

+1
Laser skin tightening and microneedling can help remodel the skin at the cellular level, leaving it firmer and tighter after a series of sessions. While results can be unpredictable and may take a while to achieve to the point that you're satisfied, it is worth a try if you don't want to take the surgical route.  

Jerome Edelstein, MD

I'm not aware of any non-surgical procedures for wrinkly abdominal skin

+1

Congratulations on taking such good care of yourself, and working so hard. Your skin and even the deeper structures that the skin attaches to were stretched with the pregnancies, and they will likely not shrink any further. I am not aware of any procedure that will tighten the skin that is non-surgical. I would not advise lasers, IPL, Thermage, etc., and they would not fix all of the problems.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Thermage is a great option for abdominal skin tightening

+1

Thermage is a non-invasive procedure used to smooth, tighten and contour the skin on the face and body. There is no surgery involved, you will experience little to no downtime and can generally return to normal activities immediately following the procedure.

Thermage uses radiofrequency to stimulate collagen renewal, thus resulting in flatter, smoother skin on the abdomen. Results vary and proper patient selection is crucial. It is best to follow up with your dermatologist to determine whether you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Doris Day, MD