Non-surgical Options for Eyebag Treatment?

At 36, I have permanently visible bags under my eyes. What are my options? Even well rested, the sagging never goes away no matter how well I apply my make up. I want to look as good as other women my age who, in general, are starting to deal with some crows feet, but not this. I am scared of surgery, so I want to know what my other options are. And if it would be surgery, what can I expect? Thank you so very much!

Non surgical treatment of lower eyelid bags

+2
There are multiple nonsurgical techniques to improve lower eyelid bags. Which technique is best for you will depend on the specifics of your case. Injection of a filler agent is probably the simplest, fastest , and initially least costly Procedure. Lasers can also tighten up the tissue of the lower eyelids including Pixel, Fraxel, Erbium ,and other fractionated and non fractionated co2 . Radio frequency waves can also tighten the eyelid skin as in the Thermage. Ultrasound waves may also help the eyelids To a lesser extent as in Ulthera treatment. You really require a consult with a doctor who can offer you these and other nonsurgical techniques. I have written articles in the lay public concerning nonsurgical treatments of eyelid bags.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Nonsurgical options for lower lid eye bag treatment

+1
 Its important to make sure that there are no allergies, thyroid conditions present and you  have at least tried a low salt diet. If the bags are still present, then consideration for a minimally invasive trans-conjunctival approach with  the incision placed on the inside of the lower lids for conservative fat pad removal. We do not recommend fillers placed in the eyelids since they are only temporary. For many examples of surgical blepharoplasty, please see the link below to our eyelid surgery  photo gallery

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty - Los Angeles

+1

An examination will help point out the best non surgical option for eyebag removal.  In some cases, the best option may be a blepharoplasty. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Non-surgical treatment lower eye-lid bags

+1

Dear Nina_o

You ask a very good question. There are several things that can be done to improve the appearance of the eyes and reduce the prominence of the under eye puffiness or bags.

The skin tone can be improved with Thermage.

If there is extensive fine lines then fractional laser like Mixto is an option.

The third step would be to fill in the holllow area below the puffiness with Restylane injected on the deep layer- on the cheek bone. This is a technique that my wife - Dr. Lisa Airan and I published in 2005 after 5 years of perfecting and was also presented in the October issue of Vogue magazine in 2005. Lisa performed the injection on the Oprah Show- on Oprah's make up Artist.

The injection of Restylane last from 8 months to a year and a half and can make dramatic improvements in the appearance of your eyes.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD