How Does Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Work?

How does it work? If I want to define my tip and narrow my nose from the front view not to have so much flare when I smile. Would this work for me? My profile is pretty defined. Thanks for your time.

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Nonsurgical nose jobs have gained enormously in popularity in the past three years since I began routinely performing them in my office. The procedure is useful for treating humps and bumps on the bridge of the nose, caused naturally or following aggressive surgical nose jobs, asymmetries on the sides of the nose, and shaping and raising up falling nasal tips. I have also used it for diminishing "columella show" (when the central mucous membrane area of the nose is exposed) and for elongating the wings of the nose, when these conditions have occurred as result of previous nasal surgery.

In the United States, nonsurgical nose jobs involve the use of volumizing and contouring agents, such as Radiesse, Juvederm Ultra Plus, and Perlane. The procedure typically takes only minutes to perform. Mixed with a tiny drop of local anesthetic, usually lidocaine, the material is artistically injected where needed and molded (like clay) into position to fix the particular deformity. The results are immediate. Touch ups are typically needed one to two years later, but since the procedure is so simple, most of my patients view it like an annual check up at the dentist, i.e. something routine and not a particular inconvenience.

Applications of a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty using Injectable Fillers.

+1

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) involves using Injectable Fillers to improve your appearance. You can have Silikon-1000 for permanent results (my personal preference), but Radiesse, Juvederm, and Restylane are used as well. The choice of filler depends on the preference, and experience of your physician. I have been using Silikon-1000 in the nose for over 10 years and have had wonderful success, and many happy patients.

The most commonly performed Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure will camuoflage a small nose-bump. For example, you may have a bump on your profile view. Filling above and below the bump will improve your profile so it’s straight and less distracting. If your nose has a profile-bump but is too large, then a Surgical Rhinoplasty would likely be the best way to proceed. Injectable Fillers will never make a large nose smaller.

A crooked nasal appearance can also be corrected with a Non-Surgical Nose Job. A concavity on your front view may cause your nose to appear twisted. Filling the concave area can lead to a straighter, more pleasing appearance that won't call attention to itself.

Visible imperfections after a previous Nose Job may be dramatically improved with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. Minimizing the appearance of Rhinoplasty irregularities without additional surgery and downtime is one of the most rewarding procedures for my patients and me. Imperfections in your bridge, tip, and nostrils are often dramatically improved during an office visit, typically with no downtime. Visible, asymmetric tip cartilage that may become bothersome after Rhinoplasty can be camouflaged with Silikon-1000. A pinched tip can be widened, and high nostrils can be lowered. A wide bridge can also be narrowed provided it's not too high. All while avoiding Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery which is inconvenient, costly, and often unnecessary.

Your Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is performed painlessly with topical anesthetic. You have no downtime, and normal activities are resumed immediately after this 20-minute procedure. If you’re an appropriate candidate for Silikon-1000, results are completely natural and permanent.

You may need Rhinoplasty Surgery if your airway and septum require correction. You may also require Rhinoplasty Surgery to make your large nose smaller since adding volume will only make things larger.

When considering a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure, the experience of your physician is critical. The injections must be carefully placed at the correct depth. Even temporary fillers like Radiesse, Juvederm and Restylane last well over a year in your nose. I almost exclusively use Silikon-1000 for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures, and several treatments are typically necessary to achieve complete correction of most conditions. Patient satisfaction is very high.

I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

How does a Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Work

+1

A Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty does NOT equal not match the capabilities of a Rhinoplasty. in a nonsurgical rhinoplasty we inject a filler (Radiesse, Juvederm or Perlane) under the skin of the nose to MILDLY raise and shape the back of the nose (dorsum) or the tip.

This procedure will NOT narrow your nose and will not reduce flaring when you smile.

Dr. P. Aldea