Can Fillers Be Used to Straighten the Dip in Nose Profile?

I don't necessarily want to narrow or minimize it, however, my nose has a small 'dip' visible from my profile--between my nasal bone and the tip of my nose, which is slightly 'bulbous', you might say. Most of the procedures seem to be for reducing bumps and that's not what I need. Is there such a type of rhinoplasty that would maybe incorporate some type of filler (hopefully permanent) to make my 'dip' level with the rest?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Restylane can be used to straighten dip in your nose profile

+1

Hi,

Safe, Hyaluronic Acid fillers like Restylane can be used in cases like yours as long as you stay away from permanent fillers which can come with permanent problems!

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2

A dermal filler is best used to fill in deficiencies in the skin. You are correct in that they will not reduce bumps, but, properly injected, they can give the appearance that the bump has been reduced. In your case, you have a deficiency in the dorsum of your nose and are an excellent candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty. I would strongly suggest consulting with someone who is skilled at rhinoplasty and injectable fillers. This will give you the best opportunity to have an aesthetically pleasing nose while reducing the potential complications of fillers placed inappropriately.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straightening a Bridge Non-Surgically

+1

You absolutely look like the perfect candidate for a non-surgical nose job. I have seen hundreds of patients with your exact same nasal shape who simply want a little "dip" filled in before the tip. This area is easy and quick to fill, and results in a very high degree of patient satisfaction. With a little Radiesse (a filler that hardens similar to bone), you could have a perfectly straight nose in just a few minutes. Best of luck! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Fillers to straighten dip on nose

+1

The dip between the bone and the tip of your nopse can be corrected with Hyaluronic Acid (Restylane,Juvederm), which last 6-8 months, or Radiesse which can last 12-18 months or even a "Permanent" filler suce as Artefill.

The bulbous tip can be reduced with Traditional Laser Resurfacing if it is subtle, or with the Ellman  machine on electrocutting/coagulation mode if it is more prominent.

All these are Office Procedures.

Chicago Dermatologist

Fillers perfect for Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

+1

In the hands of advanced physician injectors, fillers such as hyaluronic acid (e.g. Restylane, Juvederm) or Radiesse would be a fantastic options to address nose enhancement or contour deformity.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Cosmetic_Dermatology.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for supratip dip

+1

The area you are describing on your profile is known as a "supra-tip dip" or a depression just above your nasal tip. The answer is that it can be filled with a hyaluronic acid filler (Juvederm, Restylane) or with calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse). I would prefer to use Radiesse because it lasts longer (about a year) than hyaluronic acid fillers. If you are considering a Rhinoplasty in the future, be aware that Radiesse can lead to a greater degree of fibrosis (scar tissue) and make the procedure more complex.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers can be great for non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Fillers are a great way to improve the contour of the dorsum (the bridge) in just the way you suggest. For noses, I almost always suggest starting with a temporary and easily reversible filler such as Juvederm so that the patient can try it on, so to speak. If a patient likes those results, then Artefill is a nice way to make it permanent.

Silikon-1000 is not something I use (unlike Artefill, Silikon-1000 has no cosmetic approval by the FDA), but other physicians report excellent results with it, too.

Because of the permanent nature of fillers like Artefill and Silikon-1000, I suggest that patients see a doctor who also performs surgical rhinoplasty, since such specialists are often more experienced in assessing nasal aesthetics and determining what can and can't be done safely with fillers.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty with Injectable Fillers may increase the height of your bridge.

+1

If you want to increase the height of the bridge of your nose, you should consult a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in using Injectable Fillers for nasal enhancement.

You seem to have a bridge that dips a bit. You could certainly have the bridge of your nose elevated, with Injectable Fillers, using topical anesthetic. There is typically no downtime, and these procedures are a fraction of the cost of Rhinoplasty Surgery.

If you want permanent results, try to find a board-certified specialist experienced with Silikon-1000. Nasal enhancement with Silikon-1000 is extremely gratifying for my patients and me.

I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty photos. All photos demonstrate permanent, natural results using Silikon-1000

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/731/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Try Restylane or Juvederm first

+1

This slight dip is perfect for filler, especially ones that are safe and reversible like Restylane and Juvederm. The results usually last about one year, but often longer. Radiesse is another alternative to consider, but is is not reversible. Please see a very experienced physician for this since an injection in the wrong place can damage your nose. I think filler results here are more predictable than surgery although surgical results are permanent.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Fillers can be used to change the shape of the nose

+1

Fillers can be used in some circumstances to augment certain parts of the nose. A supra-tip depression, similar to yours, would be something that can be improved with fillers alone. It appears that the rest of your nose has a good shape...so a filler may be a good choice.

Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.