Non-surgical Procedure to Remove Fat Pocket on Tummy?

I have loose skin and stretch marks on the lower tummy and what looks like a fat pocket above my belly button. I don't care about being able to wear a bikini, but is there any way to tighten the area and get rid of the fat pocket without surgery?

I am in pretty good shape. I run about 15 miles a week and have good muscle tone under the stomach flabbiness.

Non-Surgiocal Procedure to remove fat on Abdomen

+1

CoolSculpting Complete is a non-surgical, FDA approved device for removal of fat. However, it will not treat loose skin or excess skin. A surgical procedure is the only option for treating excess skin.

CoolSculpting is the safe, non-invasive way to reduce fat in common trouble areas that tend to be diet and excercise resitant. Developed by Harvard scientists, the precisely controlled, FDA-cleared, patented procedure uses a cooling technology that targets subcutaneous fat cells by freezing them to the point of crystallization. Once crystallized, the cells are then eliminated from the body through the lymphatic system in a natural process. There is no damage to healthy tissue or skin cells. Also, because the procedure is non-invasive, there is no need for needles or anesthesia. Patients typically read, work on their laptops, listen to music, or relax during the procedure. Each session lasts one hour and therefore can easily be fit into a lunch break. After treatment, patients typically find it easy to return to everyday activities.

Most patients see a noticeable reduction of fat in the treatment area after one treatment although it make take more than one treatment to realize the full effects. Because the fat cells that are eliminated from CoolSculpting do not return, the results are lasting as long as a healthy lifestyle is maintained.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical “fat pocket” Removal?

+1

It sounds like you are doing everything possible (diet and exercise)  to improve the situation. Given that you have “loose skin and stretch marks” it is likely that you would benefit from tummy tuck surgery. In my opinion the other modalities touted/ heavily marketed  do not work and are bound to leave you disappointed.

Non-surgical procedure to remove fat pocket on tummy

+1

Dear MommyinMaine,

"loose skin and stretch marks on the lower tummy and what looks like a fat pocket above my belly button" do not bode well for a successful NON-surgical treatment.

There is NO non-surgical treatment in the world that is able to shrink loose skin with stretch marks REGARDLESS of the ads you see in Ladies' magazines and elsewhere. Stretch marks cannot be erased because they are NOT really (superficial) marks. They represent near full thickness skin cracks which healed with scar tissue. The only way to remove them is to remove the damaged skin containing them. While heating the skin MAY cause temporary shrinkage in some people, these techniques are at best unpredictable or worse. Endermologie brings about temporary skin tightness due to swelling (from its rollers) - it does not provide a permanent solution.

I would suggest that you may wish to re-consider having an abdominoplasty. Done well, you will be glad you had it and you will have saved a lot of your money on nonproductive treatments.

Non-surgical treatment

+1

You might try a full course of endermologie.  It has been around a long time and, in the right hands, is very effective.  Be sure the endermologie therapist has a lot of experience.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD