Non Surgical Procedures for Under Eye Wrinkles?

I am 28 years old, and have wrinkles under my eyes. They appear to be loose skin (deep) wrinkles. I tried Botox (just a few units under the lower lids) didn't work. Do I have any options other than surgery?

There are several options for under eye wrinkles

+2

I would say first that your problem looks very mild. I will go thru some of the options. There are several topicals that can be used for the area--Elastoderm, Revale Replenishing Eye Cream, to name a couple. I would consider these before doing anything more aggressive, because of your age.

Fillers can improve eye hollows (tear troughs) fairly easily and well. Some very experienced injectors try injecting the lower eyelids, but I'd be careful with that. Lasers, non-ablative Erbium or ablative CO2--like the Fraxel re:pair--can be beneficial for this area. It appears that you have dark complected skin, so you must be careful with lasers. Surgery can be used as well. At your age and your skin complection, I'd be inclined to be less aggressive.

Hope this helps.

Non surgical treatment of wrinkles under the eyes

+1

The most effective treatment would be a chemical peel or laser peel of the lower eyelid to make the skin tighter. An alternative treatment will be injection of a filler into the lower eyelid tear trough, which will stretch the skin and improve the contour of the lower eyelid region.

Maurice M. Khosh, MD