Will Previous Non-surgical Nose Job Affect Tip-plasty?

Hi, I have a question. If we decide to "test-drive" our nose by getting a non-surgical Rhinoplasty, would this later complicate in any way the procedure of a future Tip-plasty (not full Rhinoplasty)?

In other words, if you wait a year after the injection, by then it should have absorbed, and then a few months later you want to undergo tip-plasty, would that be absolutely fine or might the filler have left some complications that take years to recover?

The reason I ask is because the non-surgical option seems great but if you soon want tip-plasty then what? Thank you.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty followed by a tip rhinoplasty

+2

Non-surgical rhinoplasty is most often used for corrections of nasal dorsal (bridge) defects, but can also be used to alter the nasal tip in some circumstances. The choice of filler your surgeon decides to use on your non-surgical rhinoplasty will also impact the time it will take for the filler to dissolve.

Fillers in the nose can last a long time and if you are thinking about a formal rhinoplasty within the year, you should stick with hyaluronic acid fillers. I will tell you however, that you are not really test driving a rhinoplasty result with the use of fillers unless the area your are having corrected is a dorsal concavity as these injections are not as aesthetically pleasing as a well performed rhinoplasty.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are doing nasal fillers to "test drive" a surgical rhinoplasty you are assuming the results will be similar. That is unlikely -- it is difficult to shape a tip with injections. The length of time to wait after injections will depend on the material used, but a year should be long enough. I must ask why you're considering the "test drive"? If you want to know how your nose will look just use Photoshop.

Rhinoplasty without surgery

+1

One should not be injecting material into the tip of the nose.

Rhinoplasty without surgery is temporary. Treatments with injections must be repeated every few months. As with any procedure, there are many potential risks with non-surgical rhinoplasty too, which include but not limited to infection, scar, and skin damage. Non-surgical rhinoplasty injections are generally reserved only for the bridge of the nose, while avoiding tip injections.

An alternative non-surgical nose job is done without any injections or surgery. It's done on the computer in the plastic surgeon's office. With computer simulation, one can see the potential results of rhinoplasty without pain or swelling.

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. The procedure is dependent on a patient's specific anatomy and goals. Speak with a rhinoplasty surgeon to determine the best option for you. Best of luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery after injectable rhinoplasty

+1

The answer is yes. And it works both ways. Tissue fillers are frequently used after surgery for 'touch ups'. You are right in waiting till all the fuller has reabsorbed. That varies depending on which was used. So be clear about which you want. I've had the opportunity on a few occassions and there was nothing surprising with the surgery.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Previous non-surgical nose job and tip-plasty

+1

It is an OK idea but you should wait at least 6 months before the surgery portion of your treatment plan. This gives the body enough time to reabsorb the filler (if it is not Artefill or another PMMA or silicone filler). Good luck.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty is not recommended

+1

With regards to nonsurgical rhinoplasty, it is best to not have this performed due to recent disastrous complications that have occurred from this type of procedure. The injectables are not FDA-approved for placing in the nose. Undergo the rhinoplasty that you so desire and steer clear of any injections in the nose.

You can have Rhinoplasty Surgery after receiving Injectable Fillers in your nose.

+1

I have not had any issues performing Rhinoplasty Surgery in someone who's had Injectable Filler treatments to their nose. If you're a good candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty, then you likely won't require nasal surgery at all.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical nose job vs Rhinoplasty

+1

Test driving with a filler to improve the tip certainly sound like a great idea. The problem may be that no one knows exactly what the long term effects will be on the soft tissues of the nose. Some of the material may stay longer than you think and may scar as well. I would have the rhinoplasty and avoid the filler.

Will previous non-surgical nose job affect tip-plasty?

+1

Hi Pianist,

It depends on what needs to be done to your tip. There are certain injections that can mimic surgery in the tip, while there are types of tiplasty that cannot be duplicated with injecting material.

I would advise against having injections to "test drive" your tiplasty as it is not the same (or even close to surgery). Depending what is injected into your nose, there may be residual filler left at the time of your surgery. Save your money for the real deal.

What you should do during the year or so is choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully after having at least a few consultations.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Test driving your tip plasty can be done.

+1

The nose can be injected with a filler and then you would have to wait 4-6 months. We have done this for years by injecting the nose with local anesthetic which will be gone the next day.