Non-surgical Nose Job or Rhinoplasty for Prominent Hump?

I actually had Radiesse injected last year but the filler is gone. I made an appointment to get it again but I need professional opinions. I think I broke my nose when I was 15. I didn't have this hump before then and I have cartilage sticking out more on the right side so the hump is more visible on the left profile. Am I a good candidate for a non-surgical nose job or do I need rhinoplasty? Is my nose too big for the filler? Or the bridge too high? Thanks.

Rhinoplasty needed for prominent hump

+3

You are looking for a consensus of opinions. We all agree -- you need a surgical rhinoplasty. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons to evaluate the operation and possible results.

Best of luck from Miami

Non-surgical rhinoplasty for dorsal hump

+2

The only way to correct this is with a surgical hump removal, nasal osteotomy, tip cartilage suturing and columellar strut grafting.  Shortcuts on a nose such as yours will certainly leave you unhappy!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://wwwRianMaercksMD.com

Non-surgical procedures for the nose

+2

Dear Cecy,

Non-surgical procedures for the nose have a very limited application. It can temporarily raise a low radix or temporarly augment the tip but most often the shape of the nose is corrected surgically. Several factors affect the shape of the nose. There is bone, cartilage and the soft tissues (the subcutaneous fat and skin). Your nose will best be addressed with rhinoplasty.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty (nose job)

+2

Surgical rhinoplasty will give you the longest lasting result and provide the best opportunity to correct your problem.

Having said that, non-surgical rhinoplasty (see video below) can provide some modest but temporary improvements in the nose for those wishing to avoid surgery.

Surgical Rhinoplasty is Required

+2

You are definitely a candidate for a surgical Rhinoplasty. The term "non-surgical Rhinoplasty" is a tremendous misnomer: it is not a Rhinoplasty, it is "filler in the nose".

From an aesthetic standpoint, dorsal hump reduction would greatly improve your profile and probably change the relative appearance of your tip. In this circumstance, adding filler to the nose would be a mistake.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+2

At this point you should consider a surgical rhinoplasty. You have a prominent dorsal hump as well as a down-turned tip or "ptotic tip."  You can get very nice, long-lasting results with a good rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Rhinoplasty

+2

In my opinion you stand to get the BEST results with a surgical Rhinoplasty. Continuing to put fillers in the nose in an effort to mask the hump is not only cost prohibitive but eventually would result in a complication.

Dr. P. Aldea

Surgical vs Non surgical Rhinoplasty

+2

I would recommend surgical rhinoplasty. You need the hump taken down with some tip work.

Problems with fillers is that it is not permanent and you are creating scar in the area which may become an issue later on when you do decide to have a formal rhinoplasty. My feeling is that fillers are better served for patients who have had rhinoplasty done before in the past and now need some areas touched up.

Hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-nose-surgery-rhinoplasty-newport-beach.php

Rhinoplasty, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Nasal Refinement, Nose Job,Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Los Angeles Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty, Revision Rhinoplasty, Nasal Surgery here in Beverly Hills/Los Angeles for over 20 years and the non-surgical Rhinoplasty would not make the bridge of your nose smaller.  Non-surgical Rhinoplasty is the placement of soft tissue fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane or Radiesse into the tissues of the nose to change the nasal shape.  These fillers create added size and volume and do not have any possibility of reducing the cartilage and bone of a dorsal, nasal hump.

Rhinoplasty to surgically remove the excess cartilage and bone of the nasal bridge is the only way to reduce the size of the nose.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com