Non Surgical Nose Job or Rhinoplasty Candidate?

Do I qualify for a non surgical nose job or do I need Rhinoplasty? Thanks!

Fillers for rhinoplasty or surgery itself?

+3

At least from what can be seen in the photo, this type of nose can be helped a lot with non-surgical rhinoplasty...either with permanent or temporary fillers. Juvederm is a nice temporary filler to see whether you like the look first. Artefill is, IMHO, the best permanent filler.

Generally speaking, the size of the nose is less important than its proportions. A well-proportioned nose that's a bit too big is better, generally, than a well-sized nose with poor proportions.

Surgery affords greater options, including a nose that's both well-proportioned and well-sized. But for a quicker and less expensive alternative, fillers might be reasonable to try first.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical nose-job or standard rhinoplasty

+3

Non-surgical nose-jobs typically refer to injection of filler to areas of depression. So, the question here is whether the 'bump' on your nose is due to an excess of dorsal height (bump) or an illusion due to a deficient radix (the area above the bump, between the eyes. Even if it is indeed due to a large bump, some are going for the injection anyway. The risk here is that the nose will end up looking bigger. Computer simulations may help you decide which is best for you. In general, a rhinoplasty surgeon who performs injections as well can help guide you through the process best, rather than someone who performs only one or the other (and may thus be biased).

Hope this helps.

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Nose Job

+2

On the basis of a single picture you could add filler to camouflage your hump ( I'm assuming that's your concern), but that will significantly distort the separation of forehead and nasal contours. Please sit down with an experienced surgeon, share your goals, and discuss your alternatives.

Rhinoplasty is better than non surgical nose job

+1

A nonsurgical nose job is a bad idea. You are much better off with a true rhinoplasty even though it is the more expensive option. There have many disastrous complications including skin necrosis and complete loss of skin over the framework of the nose due to injecting these type of fillers into the nasal tissues. Avoid all injectables in the nose. A simple hump reduction or osteotomy would give you a nice result with a traditional rhinoplasty.

A rhinoplasty will provide you with the best result

+1

Fillers can certainly be used to shape the nose, correcting asymmetries, and disguising features such as a small dorsal hump. Based on your photos, I think that you would receive the best correction of your profile with a rhinoplasty. Adding filler to soften the bump would increase the size of your nose and detract from the appropriate angle you have from your forehead to the bridge of your nose. But there is no substitute for a face to face examination, so consult with an experience plastic surgeon.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

You would not be happy with non-surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

A non-surgical rhinoplasty involves using soft tissue fillers to build up an area of the nose that is shallow or indented to make it look better. In your case you have a prominent dorsum that projects above the ideal line. Adding filler above or below the hump would not make it look better and might actually look strange. If you want a straighter profile my advise would be to seek out several opinions on surgical rhinoplasty from experienced surgeons. Hope this helps.

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical nose job will not give you the results that a rhinoplasty will.

+1

Your bump is quite large and filling above it will make the bump look smaller, but the entire nose LARGER. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses and you will be better off,

Rhinoplasty Results Superior to "Non-Surgical Nose Job"

+1

Hi Pal,

It really depends on what bothers you about your nose, and what result would give you the most satisfaction. A non-surgical "nose job" fills above and below your dorsal hump to camouflage the hump. Your nose will be larger, without the noticeable hump. You would then need to have the filler redone about once a year.

If you were my patient I would likely advise you to have a permanent rhinoplasty, as taking down your dorsal hump would most likely solve your concerns. The results of a non-surgical rhinoplasty pale in comparison to a well done rhinoplasty.

Consult with skilled and experienced rhinoplasty surgeons, and then choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty versus Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

A non-surgical rhinoplasty by definition is not a rhinoplasty. It is somewhat of a compromise procedure in that the results are temporary and can cause long term scarring. A surgical rhinoplasty is a more definitive procedure with permanent results. A good rhinoplasty surgeon will give you an excellent, natural looking nose, that is usually a one time fix. Non-surgical procedures add volume to the the tip and radix of the nose in an attempt to camouflage the hump. It will give you a bigger nose.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Large Humps are hard to camouflage with Fillers

+1

Getting a straighter nasal dorsum (IE "profile") works better with small, limited hump in noses which are not overly projecting. In my opinion, while fillers may be used in you the result would be substandard with an overly tall, hyperprojecting nose. I do not think you would be happy with such a result.