Non-surgical Nose Job After Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had Revision Rhinoplasty 15 days ago, but there is a prominent hump on the bridge of my nose since cast removal. This was not there before surgery, and it appears to be bone that I don't think can suddenly disappear. My profile view looks awful. I need to do something because I'm getting married in December, and I can't get another revision Rhinoplasty for quite awhile. I was hoping to have a non-surgical nose job and have it wear off, and then around a year I could get another Revision Rhinoplasty. Please give me any advice! Thanks!

Non surgical nose jobs can hide some imperfections

+2

The final result of a rhinoplasty cannot be assessed at the 15 day mark.  The swelling is improving, but the healing will need much longer to see what this nose will look like long term.  A non permanent filler may help in cases where a slight irregularity is present.  An experienced surgeon is needed to assess the case. I suggest as a first best step to go to your original surgeon and discuss your concerns and options.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early intervention is always the wrong thing to do

+1

It's fairly standard in the rhinoplasty literature to suggest waiting a year before considering a revision. This is the right thing to do in the great majority of cases.

The only situation in which a revision might be considered sooner would be if there is a clear anatomic abnormality early in the post-operative course. The worse the area of concern, the greater the arguement to consider a revision sooner.

Even with this logic, 15 days is probably too soon to make decisions. Hopefully, the picture has clarified itself a little since you wrote this question. The key thing here is good quality communication with your surgeon. Meet with him and discuss the situation. If 2-3 months post-op there is a very obvious problem, then some sort of action (surgical or non-surgical) could be entertained. On the other hand, if things are headed in the right direction, it might be better to stay the course.

Hope that helps.

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty post op hump

+1

15 days is obviously too soon to be overly concerned or to do anything. December is still a ways off. There isn't anything that can or should be done at this time to improve the nose. Wait until at least 3 months. That should be June. Then assess the situation. The bump on your nose could then be managed with minimal rasping or possibly a filler depending on the problem.

Edward Buckingham, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

See your doctor

+1

It may be possible for him to manipulate the nose and perhaps taping will help.  It may be that you just have to ride this out.  I am sorry that you are having the problem.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD