Non Surgical Nose Job to Make Narrow Nose?

I would like to know if I am a candidate for the Non surgical nose job. I have a pretty wide nose and I wanted to know if the non-surgical rhinoplasty could create the optical illusion that it is a little bit more narrow? Thank you.

Possibly, but unlikely.

+4

Since non-surgical rhinoplasty involves adding fillers to the nose, the only way to create the illusion of a narrower nose is to build up a flat dorsum. If a patient is interested in that approach and is realistic about the results, I like to do two things first. I like to create a computer morph of the patient's nose so that they can get a sense of what we can and can't accomplish, and if they like that, I like to start with a very temporary hyalurinic acid filler such as Juvéderm. That way, if they didn't like it, we could always dissolve it away. Remember, though, that non-surgical rhinoplasty requires continual re-injections as the fillers fade away.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty can make the nose look more narrow

+2

Dear JennLove,

I think you can get some improvement with fillers placed to your nose.  Yes your case is a little challenging because of the thickness of the skin, but if you review our photo gallery you will find some examples of patients who have gotten some good improvement with fillers.

In some ways, placing fillers to the nasal bridge is like wearing black.  It may not change a figure by 4 sizes, but it can provide significant improvement.

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Vs. Surgery

+2

A Non-Surgical nose job is nothing but injecting indentations of the nose with fillers. Such fillers include:

• Restylane, and
  • Juvederm

These fillers last a maximum of one year and can not possibly replace a Rhinoplasty.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Balance, harmony and proportion are the components for rhinoplasty

+2

A wide nose can be a difficult problem to correct.  The nose must fit with the rest of the face.  It may be that balancing your nose with various techniques will improve the proportions and give you the look you desire.  This can be best assessed with a consultation to a rhinoplasty surgeon.  The non-surgical nose job may help you to get this result but a consultation to determine if a surgical procedure is best should be done.  Read my blog on the subject for further information.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers cannot make a nose look narrower

+1
Soft tissue fillers can be used in certain situations to correct deformities of the nose. One of the more common uses is to fill depressions of the nose especially after surgery. Another is augmentation of the dorsum (bridge). There are some deformities of the nose that cannot be corrected or improved by soft tissue fillers including a bulbous tip, wide nasal bones or a wide nasal base/alar flaring.

Careful analysis and evaluation of the deformity requiring correction is key. If the problem is that an area is too small, then fillers can be used to add volume and improve the overall appearance. However, if an area is too large or prominent, then addition of fillers around the area to attempt to mask the prominent area will create a nose that is disproportionately large. In this case, rhinoplasty for reduction of the area is more appropriate.

You would benefit from evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss what option would be more appropriate for you.

Jamil Ahmad, MD

surgical versus nonsurgical candidate for nose job

+1
 Nonsurgical rhinoplasty involves placing fillers and injectables in the nose, which we do not recommend. Injecting  fillers into the nose only adds volume, bulk, and width. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure. To narrow a wide tip, suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages are employed. To narrow the nasal bones, medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones are performed. An alar plasty is performed to narrow wide nostrils.   Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on the link below, along with our rhinoplasty photo gallery to give you an idea of what can and cannot be performed with the surgical procedure of rhinoplasty.

Non-Surgical Nose Job

+1

Non-surgical options for nose improvements involve the use of fillers, such as Radiesse (my favorite). Botox can also be used.

The filler is injected under the skin of the nose just above the bone to improve nasal humps, or give the nose the appearance of being slimmer. It is amazing how it works by almost tricking the eye of the on-looker inot thinking the nose is smaller and more straight.

For my patients, I have them come in about 40 minutes before the procedure to have topical numbing placed on the nose for increased comfort. The procedure itself takes about 30 minutes and involves injecting and then molding the filler. Radiesse is pliable.

Most patients do report that it is uncomfortable, but they tollerate it fine.

Once the procedure is over, the area may feel sore, but not painful. Most patients have about 2 days of swelling and redness and then that subsides. You may get a little bruising - so don't plan the procedure right before a fancy event.

The filler usually lasts about 6-12 months, and can be re-done at any time. Cost is around $600 to $700 depending on the number of syringes.

Botox can also be used to slightly alter the curves of the nose. Botox can inhibit the muscle that pulls the tip of the nose down, or can decrease the widening of the nostrils.

You should have a consultation with an expert and discuss the surgical and non-surgical options.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon