Non Surgical Nose Job for a "Hook Nose"

I have a "wicked witch" nose with a pretty pronounced hook at the end of it and I'm curious if a non surgical nose job would fix this...or at least make it look a bit better.  Is there anything that can be done without having surgery?   

Non Surgical Nose Job Can Work for Hooks

+2

A non-surgical nose job can be used to correct bumps on the bridge of the nose, surface irregularities along the top of the nose, and down-turned noses. The degree of improvement in each of these instances is related to severity of the underlying structural problem. Some defects may be so severe that aggressive, invasive surgery is the only answer, particularly when dealing with a prominently hooked nose.

That having been said, I think that in many cases, it is reasonable to expect that nonsurgical approaches may provide at least some degree of improvement. Often, for  best effect, the combined use of Botox or Dysport and a volumizing agent are required.

In general, my nonsurgical approach to a really pronounced hooked nose would be as follows. I would first address the bridge area to visually straighten it as much as possible with a volumizing agent, such as Radiesse. I would next inject a small amount of the volumizer at the base of the nose to "lift" it. In addition, Botox  or Dysport would also be instilled in the same area to weaken the downward pull of the muscles in the region, which would then allow the upward pulling muscles to draw the nose up a bit.  And finally, I would inject small amounts of volumizer in the area of above the nostrils, in an attempt to shape a straighter tip.   The entire procedure would take about fifteen minutes, and the results would be immediate, except for the Botox effect, which typically takes a week to obtain full effect. 

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+2

Without addressing your specific problem, most times I feel the non-surgical approach is temporary and usually a compromise. Please have a consutation with a physician who is experienced in rhinoplasty surgery and the use of fillers. This way you will hear about the pros and cons of each approach, not a biased opinion based on the scope of a physician's practice.

Non Surgical Nose Job

+1

It's hard to say for certain what would work for you without seeing a picture. I've had some success with correcting modest nasal deformities with fillers like Juvederm, but your best bet is to have a face-to-face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can make recommendations tailored to your particular facial structure.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) can treat a hooked nose

+1

Each case must be treated individually, however, severe cases can be treated with fillers.  If there are asymmetric concavities on one side of a nose or if there are any areas of indentation fillers can help with this.  Fillers can not make a nose smaller but they can make a large or irregularly shaped nose appear better.

For an example of filler placed in the nose, please click the link below.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty has many indications

+1

If the nasal deformities are very severe, a non surgical rhinoplasty may not be the best solution.  Consult an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to review your case and present options.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Nose Job Might Help

+1

For the nose to appear attractive, there should be balance between the amount tip projection and the legth/height of the bridge. With a non-surgical nose job using fillers, it is sometimes possible to camouflage an undersireable characteristic by building up adjacent areas of the nose.

The deformity of nose will dictate if and how much of the injectable substance is required to achieve the desired result. While injectable fillers may be appropriate for treating localized deformities such as depressions or a low bridge, large volumes are required for an substantial change in nasal shape. Most of the products that have been on the market for the last several years are temporary. However, newer, longer-lasting fillers have become available. Some of these are permanent. This poses a problem when the result does not meet the patient's expectations.

Before patients undergo a "non-surgical nose job" they should seek the advice of a rhinoplasty specialist.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty for hooked nose

+1

Non-surgical techniques may achieve minor corrections in the hooked nose.

1) In particular, use of Botox to the muscle that pulls down the tip of the nose, especially when smiling, may ease the downturning of the nose

2) Injection of fillers at the base of the nose and columella may lift the nose away from the face, helping to give it the appearance of being rotated in space.