Non Surgical Nose Job Dermal Filler Used?

I have a schnoz issue that I want fixed...but I don't want surgery because I hate being put under. It really freaks me out. I am thinking about having a non surgical nose job, but I am wondering what type of dermal filler is normally used for this. Do most doctors use the same fillers or does it vary? What are the options?

Thanks much!

Non-surgical rhinoplasty via injectable filler

+5

Kirsten,

First, be very careful with any injections into the nose. The nose is very susceptible to color changes, discoloration, swelling, blood flow, pain, numbness, and other potential complications with inappropriate injections into the nose.

There isn't a filler on the market currently that is FDA approved for injection into the nose. Everything is being used off-label. Fillers should never be placed into the tip of the nose. Complications usually occur at the nasal tip. Fillers should only placed in the bridge to help smooth contour irregularities and augmentation. Fillers which have been used for nonsurgical rhinoplasty include Radiesse and hyaluronic acids.

Depending on the anatomy of your nose and your desires, I suggest first speaking with a rhinoplasty surgeon who can use computer imaging to simulate rhinoplasty. You'll be able to visualize in real time what possibilities are available with rhinoplasty.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane, Juvederm, and Artefill are very effective for Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

+2

I use Restylane or Juvederm for most initial Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.  They may be placed in the dorsum to augment the bridge or camouflage a bump,  They may also help lift a droopy tip.  I find that they actually last longer in the nose than Radiesse, although Radiesse lasts longer in other places in the face.

I am also using Artefill, a permanent filler for some Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.  It gives a very natural and pleasant result and is very safe.  It is a 3rd -generation material and has undergone rigorous testing to be FDA approved in the face.  Like with Restylane and Juvederm, non-surgical rhinoplasty is an off-label treatment for ArteFill. 

Patients should make certain to go to a doctor with a lot of experience in this treatment.

For more info on Non Surgical Rhinoplasty, please click the link below.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers used for non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2

The two main fillers that I use are Juvederm Ultra Plus and Radiesse.  The advantage of Juvederm is that if you do not like the results, it is possible to give another injection to melt it away.  However, the vast majority of people love the results.  Radiesse is great because it lasts longer and has a bit more structure to it which gives more support.  So, if it is your first time, I would suggest Juvederm and then if you like the results, switch to Radiesse.  I hope this is helpful.

David Shafer, MD

Tissue fillers vary in the nose.

+2

And the decision is based on the length of time needed. Most surgeons start with either Restylane or Juvederm. They last about 6 months. If the result is good and the patient wants to continue, then Radiesse can be selected as it lasts longer, a year or two.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+2

Radiesse, Juvederm, and Restylane are the three most widely used products for non surgical rhinoplasty.  Juvederm is the easiest to remove if there is any uncertainty. In experienced hands, the non surgical rhinoplasty procedure can help change the shape of the bridge of the nose, alter the tip projection, or improve a small or indentation of the nose.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Fillers for Rhinoplasty

+2

I strongly advise against the use of fillers rather than surgery. The results will be temporary, and at best compromised. You say you hate "being put under". Before you do fillers, please have consultations where you can discuss the many different anesthetic techniques which are available.

Dermal Fillers for non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2

There are no standard fillers that are routinely used exclusively for the non-surgical rhinoplasty.

Ever since fillers have been available, people have used these products for accomplishing correction of the nasal appearance and include:

• Zyplast
  • Zyderm
  • Silicone
  • Radiesse
  • Restylane
  • Juvederm
  • Prevelle silk
  • Perlane
  • Captique
  • Hylaform
  • Autogenous fat
  • Fascian
  • Isolagen
  • Etc.

It's important to understand that the vast majority of these are being used in an off-label fashion.

Non Surgical nose - Filler

+1

Dermal fillers can not replace a Rhinoplasty operation.

They are designed to simply fill in dents in the bridge and profile of the nose. Most doctors use:

• Hyaluronic based fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm.

Calcium based fillers, such as Radiesse are designed for deep tissue injections and are not appropriate for nose injections. Permanent fillers are just too risky and are irreversible.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Non-Surgical Nose Jobs Works for Bumps, Bends, and Hooks

+1

Non-surgical nose jobs can be effective for raising up a droopy nasal tip, straightening out a bump on the bridge of the nose, and smoothing out irregularities along the length of the top of the nose that may have naturally developed or resulted from a previous surgical rhinoplasty. The procedure takes only minutes to perform, is relatively inexpensive, and the results are immediate and typically quite impressive. I've had the privilege of sharing the euphoria of some patients who right after treatment see their noses straight in the mirror for the first time after decades of suffering self-esteem problem, but refusing surgery out of fear of going under the knife. 

A variety of filler and volumizing agents have been tried for this purpose. My favorite is Radiesse, a calcium-based filler. Others that have been used successfully include the hyaluronic acid agents Perlane and Juvederm UltraPlus, although I find that results with these do not last quite as long as with Radiesse. On the other hand, since these agents may be dissolved with hyaluronidase, I sometimes recommend them to people  who want to "try out" the new look first.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

There are numerous filler options for a non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

There are numerous fillers available for non surgical rhinoplasty and they are constantly changing as new fillers come on the market.  The options are permanent and non-permanent.  Juvederm provides a good solution for a non permanent rhinoplasty.  Permanent fillers may be used but do have a risk of infection and extrusion.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon