Am I a Candidate for Restylane Nose Injections?

I am Asian and have under-projected nose, with a lightly visible scar on the middle of the bridge. Am I a good candidate for Restylane nose injections (non-surgical nose job)?

Non-Surgical Nose Job...A Poor Substitute for Rhinoplasty

+3

Hi Lyna,

Fillers may increase the projection of the nose. It is difficult without seeing your nose to advise you what would be best for you.

If your nose truly bothers you, it would be in your best interest to see a board certified rhinoplastic surgeon for consultation and evaluation. In general using fillers in the nose ("the non-surgical rhinoplasty") is not the best choice as they need to be repeated frequently and are a very poor substitute for a well done surgical rhinoplasty.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Restylane rhinoplasty (nose job)

+2

I have been using Restylane to reshape noses for several years, and my patients love the results.  You can add volume to your nose, but cannot make it smaller anywhere.  So it works best when changing the shape can be achieved by adding a little more volume.  For example, when you have a "bump" on your nose, you can add Restylane to the area above the bump to straighten the profile of your nose.  

As you know, the results are not permanent, but they can last a long time.  Most of my patients get a touch up every year or two.  One of the advantages to using Restylane to reshape your nose is that you can see the results immediately and make any changes you want right away, because Restylane can be added or dissolved easily.  It is important to go to a doctor that has experience using Restylane for this.  Good luck. 

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is Restylane an alternative for nose job?

+1

Hi QRY.  In general we tend not to use injectables in the nose.  In the right situation it can create the desired effect, but for the longevity and ongoing cost, vs. the rhinoplasty (nose job) alternative, we normally suggest the surgical route.

Without seeing your nose, we would not know if you are a good candidate for either.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/restylane.aspx

Restylane and nasal work

+1

Fillers to give a rhinoplasty result are not really recommended. I will only use these products for minor asymmetries or depressions so that patients can avoid a revision rhinoplasty for minor asymmetries.

Restylane injection into the nose

+1

Restylane is a very popular and effective hyaluronic acid-base dermal filler. It has been used widely throughout the face for the correction of deep lines and wrinkles. The Restylane injected into many areas of the face, it is typically not injected into the nose to change the structure or shape of the nose. This is because Restylane does not have a longevity beyond six months, and in the nose we want to prevent your body from creating an inflammatory reaction to this injectable.

Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon let a great deal of experience in rhinoplasty and working with injectables. They will be able to assess your nose, and tell you the options that will help you meet your needs.