Non Surgical Nose Job Using Artefill?

Hi. The bridge of my nose between my eyes sinks in. (I believe this is called a "low nasal radix"?) My nose is fairly thin, with a high bridge, and a round tip if it helps to get a better idea of what my nose looks like.

I would like to fill it with a permanent filler and Artefill seems the best to me (due to it's permanence)so my questions are: Will I have to have multiple sittings and injections or is it done in one session? What would the cost be? I live in Texas by the way.

Thank you!

Try a temporary filler first for nose corrections

+2

Temporary fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm @ $550 per syringe or Radiesse @ $630 per syringe should be done first to see if you like the results. Artefill is done in 2 sessions about 3 months apart @ $1200 per syringe and is permanent in most cases. You will need to be skin tested first to see if you are allergic to the collagen that the artefill is mixed with.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Correcting a low radix with Artefill

+2

Fillers can be a nice solution for this specific problem. HOWEVER, I often recommend patients try a temporary filler such as Restylane or Juvederm first to see if they like the result. If they do (and most do), then Artefill is reasonable to consider.

Because of its permanence, though, it's important not to overshoot the mark. Many times this can be fixed in one session, but it's not uncommon to require two sessions a couple months apart. Also, Artefill must not be injected too close to the surface as I've seen done with some fillers. Fillers here should really be placed just on or over the bone and there should be no active acne eruptions near by.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Avoid permanent fillers

+1
Soft tissue fillers can be used in certain situations to correct deformities of the nose. One of the more common uses is to augment the dorsum (enlarge the bridge). There are some deformities of the nose that cannot be corrected or improved by soft tissue fillers. Careful analysis and evaluation of the deformity requiring correction is key. If the problem is that an area is too small, then fillers can be used to add volume and improve the overall appearance. However, if an area is too large or prominent, then addition of fillers around the area to attempt to mask the prominent area will create a nose that is disproportionately large. In this case, rhinoplasty for reduction of the area is more appropriate.

There are several important considerations when using soft tissue fillers in the nose to improve safety and prevent both short and long term complications. Use temporary fillers NOT permanent (Silicone, Artecol, Artefill). All synthetic, permanent fillers are fraught with disastrous complications including chronic granulomas and infections that cannot be corrected and cause awful deformities. Use gel fillers NOT particulate (Radiesse, Sculptra). The amount of filler injected at one time must not be excessive as this can cause problems with not only the appearance but also the blood supply. Hyaluronic acid fillers are ideal for injection into the nose as they are temporary (usually last for over 1 year) and gel. Additionally, if too much filler is injected or there are problems with blood flow to the nose, an enzyme (hyaluronidase) can be injected to dissolve the product and reduce the risk of skin loss and scarring. Both Juvederm and Restylane are commonly used hyaluronic acid fillers.

If you want a permanent result, then you should also consider rhinoplasty surgery. You should discuss all of your options with your surgeon to decide what best for future treatments.

Jamil Ahmad, MD

Hyaluronic based fillers and Radiesse are safer to start with

+1

Non surgical nose jobs are popular today.

The safest way to start would be using Hyaluronic acid based fillers such as Juvederm  or Resylane and Radiesse.

If these products didnot last long enough then you want to look into injection of Artefill.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Do not use Artefill in your nose

+1

Don't waste your time and money thinking of a "non surgical" nose job. If you want any sort of decent improvent you need a surgical correction.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD