Non Surgical Nose Job - How Long Do the Results Last?

I am trying to decide if I should get a non surgical nose job or just bite the bullet and have a rhinoplasty. If I have to keep getting the non surgical nose job re-done every few months, I don't think it would be worth it because I'd end up paying just as much as I would for a rhinoplasty over time.
Does anyone know how long the results last for a non surgical nose job? Also, what if I don't like the results...can they be reversed?

Thanks.

Non Surgical Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) is a great choice

+2

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty involves using fillers to sculpt and shape the nose.  This may build a low bridge, camouflage a small hump, even add definition to some tips.  It is a great option for patients who have already had a surgical rhinoplasty.

The results usually last 6-9 months, depending on what type of filler is used.  Some longer lasting results may be achieved with semi-permanent fillers like ArteFill.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty is a very specialized procedure and should be carefully performed by someone who specializes in fillers and noses in particular.

When using temporary fillers like Restylane, treatments must be worked into a regular beauty routine like fillers placed any where or Botox.  There is a certain value in avoiding an invasive and traumatic procedure performed to your face.

For more information on dermafillers placed to the nose, please click the link below.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

NonSurgical Rhinoplasty lasts 6-18 months

+1
A nonsurgical rhinoplasty can be used to fill in shadow defects, to straighten a crooked nose, to flatten a hump, or fill an indentation.  It can also be used to make the tip more symmetric and raise the tip. 

We use Radiesse, Perlane, and Voluma in the nose as they have the longest lasting potential.  Perlane and Radiesse tend to last 10-15 months in the nose where as Voluma can last 12-20 months.  Thicker skin types, such as African American and Asian skin, do better with Radiesse and Perlane as they do a better job of resisting the counter tension from the nasal skin that has been elevated to create a higher dorsum or bridge.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

When is a non-surgical rhinoplasty useful?

+1
A non-surgical rhinoplasty utilises a filler material to alter the shape and position of the nose. The principal advantage of the technique is that it avoids a surgical procedure, however by definition the treatment is not permanent. A non-surgical nose job can be effectively used to correct these nasal appearances: a nose with a small hump, nose that has a depression along the bridge (termed saddle nose deformity), nasal collapse from previous trauma, droopy nasal tip, beak-shaped nasal bridge (termed pollybeak). Non-surgical nose job can also be used to improve certain features of a patient’s nose who is not yet ready for a surgical rhinoplasty. 

Julian De Silva, MD
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does a nonsurgical nose job last?

+1
 We do not recommend fillers placed in the nose. The fillers tend to last 6-12 months when placed in  Other facial  locations. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure to alter the shape of the nasal cartilages and bones permanently. Virtual rhinoplasty software as available on the link below along with our rhinoplasty photo gallery, to give you an idea what can be accomplished with the surgical  procedure.

There Are Permanent Fillers for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

One can choose between non-permanent and permanent.

The veteran permanent filler is Silikon-1000, medical grade silicone, which is FDA-approved for use inside the eye to reposition a detached retina. However, a long-used, off label employment has been to " rescue" overdone rhinoplasties. This product has been used for over 50 years in the US for this purpose.

Before you decide as to which filler to have, consider the " saline test". Sterile salt water can be injected to show you the predicted result. It will disappear in a couple of hours but you will have had an excellent opportunity to  " Try before you buy".

This process is discussed in my latest book, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION. Available at all bookstores and on-line.

-Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON.

Robert Kotler, MD

Rhinoplasty, Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Nasal Refinement, Nose Job,Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty, Los Angeles Rhinoplasty

+1

The non surgical Rhinoplasty is a procedure that describes using fillers like Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane or Radiesse in the nose to create a more attractive, natural shape.  The results last as long as the filler stays in the nasal tissues.  Restylane, Juvederm would last about 6-8 months, Perlane 8-9 months and Radiesse up to a year.

Fillers for the nose

+1

I do not think that fillers are the best way to go for the majority of nasal concerns.  It is certainly a good thing for minor touchups or defects.  It will not improve a nasal hump for instance.  The results will probably last 6-9 months maybe longer.

Surgery Vs. Non Surgery- Results differ significantly

+1

The two procedures are very different and can not be compared.

• A rhinoplasty is an operation performed under anesthesia and is capable of altering many aspects if an undesirable nose.
  • Non-surgical nose procedures are nothing but an injection of fillers in the office to correct indentations of the nose.

These fillers are mainly Hyaluronic acids such as Restylane and Juvederm. They generally last up to a year and can be reverted earlier with enzymes if you are unhappy with your results.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Non-surgical nose job

+1

Without pictures or examining you, it is impossible to know if you are a good candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty.  In most cases, good candidates are those that do not need a reduction in the size of their nose.  By injection fillers, the contour of the nose can be improved and the dorsum enhanced.  Depending on the filler used, the results can last anywhere from six months to two years or more.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Non surgical nose jobs last a year

+1
My patients have maintained improvement for about a year when I have used Restylane to straighten out a crooked nose or hide a bump. Most have been satisfied with this safe and easy procedure once a year. If the results need to be reversed simple hyaluronidase injections will dissolve the filler.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon